• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Comics introduces first Gay Character.

115 posts in this topic

I'm still going to say this is a great idea. And to anyone who plans on coming in here mouthing of, you are a flaming nutsack.

:hi: One of the nutsacks here...., just not a flaming one.

It's a very bad idea.

For the record, I couldn't care less what they do because I don't think they've actually sold a copy of Archie in 30 years.

For the record, I couldn't care less what they do because I don't think they've actually sold a copy of Archie in 30 years.

I bought about 50 copies of the digests off the grocery store checkout stands for my daughter over the past 10 years. She is now 20. I don't see the value of adding this kind of junk into these titles.

It's probably different perspective when you are actually trying to raise kids.

They sure haven't sold one to me. Maybe some digests, but none of the new stuff. 1966 was it for me.

I bought about 50 copies of the digests off the grocery store checkout stands for my daughter over the past 10 years. She is now 20. I don't see the value of adding this kind of junk into these titles.

Depends on how you're raising your kid(s).

I always figured Archie WAS gay, I mean those two chicks constantly fawning over him and the never even once tries to set up a 3-way?
In all honesty that's what I would have tried. :devil:

Not as gays, if that's what you mean.

Not as gays, if that's what you mean.

How can you raise a kid "as gays"?

I'm raising my kid to be tolerant of everybody - whether they're straight or gay is irrelevant. Perhaps you should try the same.

If it is irrelevant, why point it out? You're one of the most intolerant people I've met here, so why don't you practice your own preachings.

If it is irrelevant, why point it out? You're one of the most intolerant people I've met here, so why don't you practice your own preachings.

I'm intolerant for pointing our your intolerance? :lol:

:slapfight:

I'm still going to say this is a great idea. And to anyone who plans on coming in here mouthing of, you are a flaming nutsack.

It's new for Archie and might lend itself to some intriguing story lines, although I would have preferred it to be a gay female character.

I bet Reggie will be the first to get in the .

You're projecting. But it's probably enough to kill this thread.

You mean kill a thread where one just like it was locked about 24 to 48 hours ago? And I'm not projecting. One colonoscopy in my teens was all it took to let me know that wasn't a path I wanted to travel down.

Gotta ask, why did you have a colonoscopy in your teens....did you lose something up there or were you just curious?

No - this isn't the first time you've pulled kraap like this.

My kids are tolerant. I'm tolerant. That doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion different than yours. Go back and look at what you wrote, Mr. Tolerant.

I'm saying I don't necessarily want my kids reading about gays in Archie Comics.