• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

22 DCs To Go

173 posts in this topic

A nice fresh start...........

THE 22 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS / ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

DOUBLE ACTION - 1 (in whatever form it may exist)

FALLING IN LOVE - 73

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 97

FUNNY STUFF - 37

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

LEADING SCREEN - 68

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 6

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN SWORD OF AZRAEL GOLD EDITION Trade paperback - 1

BLIND JUSTICE Squarebound Giveaway - 1

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 onwards

DC HORIZONS - 2, 13 onwards

DEATH OF SUPERMAN Trade Paperback PLATINUM EDITION - 1

DETECTIVE COMICS 675 Platinum Edition

THE EXTREMIST Platinum Edition - 1

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JLA YEAR ONE Platinum Edition - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSON PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 7, 8, 10

MAGAZINELAND - 1

MAN OF STEEL Trade Paperback Giveaway - 1

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE mini-comic "The Tale Of Teela!" (1982)

METAL MEN Bound Preview - 1

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - 1

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SOVEREIGN SEVEN Platinum Edition - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1940 - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN BOSNIAN LANDMINES COMIC In English Language - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN KELLOGGS SPECIAL EDITION 1954 - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, March 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, July 45, August 45, September 45, October 45, December 45, February 46, March 46, April 46, June 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, December 46, January 47, February 47, June 47, November 47, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, August 49, November 49, February 50, March 50, May 50

TWISTED METAL - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WITCHCRAFT Platinum Edition - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

XOMBI Platinum Edition - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 24, 40, 41

THE COMICS MAGAZINE - 1 (The missing Doctor Occult between More Fun 13 and 14)

No more detectives needed - nice! There are really no huge $ books left on the list.

I don't think that the Big Book Of Fun Comics will turn up cheap. I reckon it'll cost me five grand in low grade. The deal on the Detectives that I needed is done but I don't yet have them in my hand. They were low grade, a little above guide, but I'm delighted to be getting them, hopefully.

(Assuming DA#1 does not exist)

Double Action 1 seems to only exist NOW as an unreleased piece of artwork. I do believe that there were copies sixty five years ago, but none have survived, making it a Gerber 11. That means a comic that is so rare that none have survived the passing of time.

Unlike the Double Action 2, which was a hotch-potch of reprints, the Double Action 1 was a full set of all the Doctor Occult strips, which would tie in with the dates correctly, as they finished in 1938 and Double Action 1 was November 1939.

I assume that, like the 2, it was to have had black and white pages.

Thankfully, I know far more about it now than I did four or five months ago.

Theoretically, the only way to get one is to find the original artwork plates for the cover, or a printed untrimmed proof of it (which someone obviously once did for that scan we all saw), and collect up all the Doctor Occult pages from the More Fun comics, and wrap the cover around them. But that would never make sense. The next best step would be to reproduce accurately those pages and wrap them in a printout of the cover, which may end up being the only affordable way to ever reconstitute the Double Action 1. So far I haven't taken it off the wants list, but I think realistically I'm going to have to. Maybe if I can get a facsimile made, then I take it off the list, reducing the list to 21.

Unless of course, someone turns up with something.... Stranger things have happened, but if both Gary Colabuono and Gary Carter have never had one, then I doubt it realistically.

And the Superman run. And the Batman run. And the Flash run. And the Wonder Woman run. And the Showcase run. And the Brave and the Bold run. And everything else. Jinkies.

Pictures, Ian. We want PICTURES.

And the Superman run. And the Batman run. And the Flash run. And the Wonder Woman run. And the Showcase run. And the Brave and the Bold run. And everything else. Jinkies.

I promise once I complete the set to post up two pics on here.

One of the entire collection in the aisles of shelves.

Two of the key issues in a display - Action 1, Detective 1 and 27, New Fun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, More Fun 7, 9, and 52, Double Action 2, Superman 1, Batman 1, Green Lantern 1, All American 1 and 16, Showcase 4, Brave and the Bold 28, Justice League of America 1, New Comics 1, New Adventure 12 and 13, Adventure Comics 40, All Star 1, 3, and 8, Flash 1, All-Flash 1, World's Best 1, Sensation 1, Wonder Woman 1, Star Spangled 1, Comic Cavalcade 1 .... ALL IN ONE GENUINE REAL PICTURE TOGETHER.

But only, and I stress ONLY if I get these last 22.

That should make for quite a photo. There's probably only one other person in the world that could line up the comics for THAT photo. Anyway it's my dream to take that photo once it's complete.

Maybe I should stick Buzzy 70 in the middle of it.

I promise once I complete the set to post up two pics on here.

One of the entire collection in the aisles of shelves.

Two of the key issues in a display - Action 1, Detective 1 and 27, New Fun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, More Fun 7, 9, and 52, Double Action 2, Superman 1, Batman 1, Green Lantern 1, All American 1 and 16, Showcase 4, Brave and the Bold 28, Justice League of America 1, New Comics 1, New Adventure 12 and 13, Adventure Comics 40, All Star 1, 3, and 8, Flash 1, All-Flash 1, World's Best 1, Sensation 1, Wonder Woman 1, Star Spangled 1, Comic Cavalcade 1 .... ALL IN ONE GENUINE REAL PICTURE TOGETHER.

But only, and I stress ONLY if I get these last 22.

That should make for quite a photo. There's probably only one other person in the world that could line up the comics for THAT photo. Anyway it's my dream to take that photo once it's complete.

Maybe I should stick Buzzy 70 in the middle of it.

That would be an absolutely amazing pic. Blow it up and make posters of it. Youde make a killing. Question....once your collection is complete, do we refer to it as the "LEVINE" collection or the "IAN LEVINE" collection? cool.gif