• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Once again one of my more favorite Spider-man EBAY auctions bound books

10 posts in this topic

Wow. This is about the fourh time I've seen this type of bound volumes over the last 7 or 8 years. Makes you wonder just how many individual issues from those days got this kind of treatment? hm

I received a super cool bound volume from Transplant for the Christmas gift exchange one year. I don't recall what issues are in it as I've not been able to read it yet, but it is a very nice volume and one of the few comic related items I still have in my collection. :grin:

That same guy has been trying to sell those on eBay for at least 6 years...I remember the first time I saw it it was listed at $30K...he is now down to half that but geez, you'd think he would at some point want to cut his losses and just auction it for whatever the market will bear. Guess he must not be very motivated to sell...

Certainly an interesting item. The seller is doing himself a disservice by those photos. I am looking down the long strip of images and thinking "how much have these been TRIMMED???" as it looks like the trimming is cutting deeply into the ad copy of the IFC. Then about halfway down I see a full shot and they appear to have not been trimmed much at all. Her really should swap out the images with full ones showing the edges of the books.