• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #5 CGC 9.6 Double Cover!

54 posts in this topic

I was thinkin about you as I did this!!

You still remember huh?

Ill tell you, every time I get excited to sit down and get some scans up, it just takes forever and is just not any fun! AND, the results just arent worth the time. So until I learn how, Im thinking I just wont bother..... confused.gifconfused.gif

also, if it makes you (and anyone else) feel better, while I do have many SA multiples in "high grade", I have sadly come to the conclusion that very few of them are in reality 9.2s and 9.4s. Todays grading standards have tightened up so much that the same comics I have hoarded gleefully as gorgeous "unimproveable" copies are mostly anywhere from 7.5 to 9.0. And I wasnt buying VGs and Fs or even VFs. These were the best that were for sale. It has proven to me just how "scarce" these early key books are in 9.4.

Anyone else come to this same uncomfortable realization??

Maybe this will help on scans. Make the dpi at around 80 by going to image: then: image size

make sure constrain proportions and resample are both checked. Then type 80 in the resolution box. Then file save as .jpg make the compression around 1 to 3. Whatever gets you below around 150k. Hope this helps on Photoshop. If you can set up your original scan at around 80dpi the better. Don't use sharpen or unsharpen mask. It will add to the image size.

Maybe this will help on scans. Make the dpi at around 80 by going to image: then: image size

make sure constrain proportions and resample are both checked. Then type 80 in the resolution box. Then file save as .jpg make the compression around 1 to 3. Whatever gets you below around 150k. Hope this helps on Photoshop. If you can set up your original scan at around 80dpi the better. Don't use sharpen or unsharpen mask. It will add to the image size.

thanx Rip. I was using Unsharp mask as I always do...but I never noticed a file size increase...?

ALso I was opening them in Save for Web to dumb them down..but Im just guessing on the choices so Im probably not helping matters ...

Boy, now I understand Ians pain at being so unloved here!

Not one comment about my poor BB28?

Probably would help if you displayed it in the thread rather than as a link. Let me see if I can help. And BTW, I think it's a very nice copy. Have you considered getting it slabbed? What do you think it would grade as?

396578-postBB28f2.jpg

Looks like a 9.0/9.2 but the scan is only 88KBs...

I'm guessing 8.0, possible 8.5 on the B&B #28, the back cover has some serious problem areas, and I swear I can see some possible restoration by the upper staple, but the scan is not clear enough to be sure. confused-smiley-013.gif

Timely

My guess for the grade would be anywhere between 7.0 and 9.0. The comic looks great, but the back has those 1/16" rips and other littlestuff...not nearly as clean and shiny as the 9.0s and better that I see in holders that are shockingly clean. Funny thing about the scans I get them to 140+K before uploading them...so why are they 88K on the CGC server??

anyway thanx for the comments on the book!!