• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I've heard a few people say the science behind Iron Man does not add up. It's like they missed the whole point of it being a movie based on a comic book character.

:roflmao:

We can say that about ANY Hollywood SciFi or SciFi-based flick!

And with all that talent on screen, there should've been a bit more for us grumpy old gits to contend with.

This might be one of my favorite movie lines of all time...referring to Scar Jo.

Stark: "I want one."

Pepper: "No."

And with all that talent on screen, there should've been a bit more for us grumpy old gits to contend with.

This might be one of my favorite movie lines of all time...referring to Scar Jo.

Yes, that had me rolling on the floor raging in hysterics too. :eyeroll:

There are funnier lines every ten seconds on the Simpsons (for example). Let's not get carried away.

They phone-interviewed the director Jon Favreau on the Kevin + Bean show/KROQ this morning and he said exit poles had (I believe the 20-30 yr or somewhere in there) the one demographic grading the movie an A and the younger demographic grading it an A+

Exit poles on opening weekend usually are a strong indicator whether or not the movie will acquire legs and generate repeat viewers...'course he could've just made it up... (shrug) but I would'nt think so...we were too busy to see it this weekend...will see it for sure this coming weekend... :wishluck:

Yes, that had me rolling on the floor raging in hysterics too. :eyeroll:

There are funnier lines every ten seconds on the Simpsons (for example). Let's not get carried away.

Well it touched me someplace special. Grumpy old git.

I liked it, I think it might even be better than the first one.

But, at the same time, I understand the first one totally benefited from no expectations and being a good movie. When it's received as just an unexpectedly good movie, it's unfair to create high expectations for the sequel.

Saw it yesterday at a matinee. Glad i didn't pay full price. Kinda let down by it. Why does Hollywood try to cram the whole series in 2 hours(almost three for DK)? And for the luv of God, why would I care about Thor's friggin' hammer at the end of an Ironman movie? Show sumthn' Ironman related. Enuff with the Stan Lee cameos, we all know who he is! This movie had too much hype and not enuff substance. For crying out load, is Whiplash even Russian? I have to go back and look. Sheesh!

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. I didn't feel like there was too much info pushed into one movie. I loved the role Justin Hammer played in the whole deal. Obviously they are going to have to change Whiplash up, because it would just seem silly in modern cinema to have a guy with a whip fighting Iron Man.

Overall I enjoyed it and I dig the Avengers cut scenes at the end of the Marvel movies recently.

What I really like is that Whiplash uses Stark's technology against him. I like the way they are building a new back story to the Iron Man mythos that is more realistic.

You're right...a guy with a whip just wouldn't cut it.

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. I didn't feel like there was too much info pushed into one movie. I loved the role Justin Hammer played in the whole deal. Obviously they are going to have to change Whiplash up, because it would just seem silly in modern cinema to have a guy with a whip fighting Iron Man.

Overall I enjoyed it and I dig the Avengers cut scenes at the end of the Marvel movies recently.

ya know, you made me think of something. correct me if I'm wrong, but the Justin Hammer I remember was a nasty, balding SOB? Not some flippant Greg Kinnear look-alike!

ya know, you made me think of something. correct me if I'm wrong, but the Justin Hammer I remember was a nasty, balding SOB? Not some flippant Greg Kinnear look-alike!

I think you need to forget about the comics when watching a movie.

Consider the movies to now be like an Ultimates reboot of the original. Some elements are recognizable, others are brand new.