• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why you dont ship CGC books in...

43 posts in this topic

Thats the book...too nice to pass up or so it seemed! I sent the seller a request for a reholder fee and shipping, but if it comes back with a green label I am gonna be P'Od!

I only brought it up because of the fine print on the back of the CGC case. Where it says if it was opened with or tampered with than it will lose its SS status. I wonder how badly it would need to be cracked/opened with for them to deny reholdering it as SS.

Good luck though, I absolutely hate getting the mail only to realize that the CGC case is busted.

If it's anything like standard slabs, so long as the corner pins are still intact, there should be no problem. (thumbs u

The top of the case is very loose and I can actually touch the top of the label...I am not liking this at all!

I've had books re-holdered that were so badly damaged in shipping that all 4 corner posts were destroyed and basically the outer case was in pieces.

If the inner plastic container is undamaged, it will come back fine from a reholder.

However, if the inner case is damaged in such a way that the book itself is affected, you're screwed.

I've had that happen twice, both times for Wolverines:

A Wolverine 1 (3rd series) where the inner case was bent and the book creased;

and a gold foil Wolverine (2nd series) 140 something where something actually melted the bottom of the inner case.

Of course, the real problem is that it's not just 11 bucks to re-holder a book.

With postage, one book is going to cost in excess of 25 bucks.

In the max lot of 30 books, you can only get the price down to about 15 bucks a book.

I bought this off of ebay a few months ago, the seller shipped it to me loose in a Priority Mail box with a small piece of newspaper on only one end of the slab.

When I complained, he said he ships slabs like that all the time and had never had a problem.

I don't know how that can be true?

Who ships a golden age slab loose in a Priority Mail box? (shrug)

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

I had a Bats #429 9.6 shipped to me like this...picture it with me:

Take the slab.

Cut two pieces of cardboard to the size of that slab.

Put the slab between those two pieces of cardboard...which are the size of the slab...

Tape the cardboard sandwich together with the slab in the middle.

Address the outside of the cardboard.

Drop in the mail box.

When the slab, of course, arrived smashed to pieces, I had to send the stupid piece of back to the seller...who then proceeded to FIGHT the Paypal case against him.

So, for the cost of the return shipping, I got nothing.

Yay me.

Update: After asking for a refund for shipping and re-holder cost, the seller offered an extra $10 for the inconvenience. Very decent of the seller, I thought!

Update: After asking for a refund for shipping and re-holder cost, the seller offered an extra $10 for the inconvenience. Very decent of the seller, I thought!

How much was the original shipping charge?

I had a Bats #429 9.6 shipped to me like this...picture it with me:

Take the slab.

Cut two pieces of cardboard to the size of that slab.

Put the slab between those two pieces of cardboard...which are the size of the slab...

Tape the cardboard sandwich together with the slab in the middle.

Address the outside of the cardboard.

Drop in the mail box.

When the slab, of course, arrived smashed to pieces, I had to send the stupid piece of back to the seller...who then proceeded to FIGHT the Paypal case against him.

So, for the cost of the return shipping, I got nothing.

Yay me.

That's excellent.

:roflmao:

Condolences for your financial loss but you have to see the humor in someone sending out a slab like that.

:foryou:

Wouldnt that also make that book a green label if you reholdered it? I had an ebay seller ship a book in a bubble mailer, thankfully I only got a hairline crack on the side.

I dont see why it would come back that way, its clearly an SS book - the label is still firmly intact.

As long as CGC feels no damage was done to the book it will be just a re-holder. It should come back a yellow label either way.

What book was it?

1z1bx28.jpg

well at least it wasn't anything of value. :baiting:

lol

I'll honestly never understand how stupid/greedy some ebay sellers are when shipping out books. Along with overgrading this is the reason why i Refuse to buy from ebay, unless I know the seller or the books is too rare not too.

Congrats on getting the resolution you wanted! have you discussed what will happen if the book comes back green?