• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Grading Game Win a free Exclusive book 3 WINNERS GUARNTEED

31 posts in this topic

Ok so here the deal I have three books that have been sent to CGC for grading 2 Golden Age Captain Americas #55 and #57 and 1 SA Tales of Suspense #65. I want to get ALOT of peoples input on these three books so I decided to inspire you by giving away a free Exclusive New Avengers book.

Rules are simple, there will be three polls listed in this thread. Each one asking you to give a grade anyone can participate in this process.

However, to be eligble to recieve the free book you have to actually post what grade you think CGC will give it.

The first person who gets the grade correctly posted (what you feel CGC will give it) for the Captain America Comics #55 will win a copy of the free book

The first person who gets the grade correctly posted (what you feel CGC will give it) for the Captain America Comics #57 will win a copy of the free book

The first person who gets the grade correctly posted (what you feel CGC will give it) for the Tales of Suspense #65 will win a copy of the free book.

If you get all three correctly you can only win one book per person to keep it fair.

I will list the polls below the picture of each book to be graded. and list any defects that may be present.

Here is one copy of the free book you will recieve if you win (I will try and pull the best of the best for the winners)

Front Cover

freecap.jpg

Back Cover

freecap001.jpg

Next up is Tales of Suspense #65 bought off the boards raw from Jeff (DCman)

Back cover is in the same shap as the front or maybe alittle better. Major flaw on book is slight wear color loss on the spine near the MMS

Back cover

capinsides004.jpg

97461.jpg.a7a964236d12e8e9b1fae8e8093276ce.jpg

6.5 SA

I was thinking SA on the 55 as well... hm

6.5 SA

Do you guys see something specific on the #55? Or just general PGX suspicion?

The staple area suggests the possibility that there is repair there. Mostly a guess, but a relatively expensive book in a PGX slab hm

6.5 SA

I was thinking SA on the 55 as well... hm

6.5 SA

Do you guys see something specific on the #55? Or just general PGX suspicion?

The staple area suggests the possibility that there is repair there. Mostly a guess, but a relatively expensive book in a PGX slab hm

I am not an expert on spotting trimming but the URC looks sharp compared to the rest of the book.