• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you buying at the LCS tomorrow 2/18/04 and why?

42 posts in this topic

Pulse #1 Written by Brian Michael Bendis; Pencils by Mark Bagley; Cover by Mike Mayhew

In the tradition of MARVELS and from the creative team behind ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!

The Daily Bugle has never been a friend of the super heroes of NYC, but with profits down and the newspaper's survival on the line, J. JONAH JAMESON turns the heat up a notch! Meet the Bugle's new team of super hero investigative journalists - Jessica Jones, Kat Farrell & Ben Urich - as they dig up the dirt on the city's most famous heroes ... NO MATTER THE COST or WHO GETS HURT! 32 PGS./MARVEL PSR Anything Spider-man will be good 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Coup D'Etat Wildcats Version 3.0 #3 (Of 4): Because I read the first two...

DC The New Frontier #2 (Of 6), $6.95 I enjoyed the first one.

Superman Batman #6, $2.95 What a great read so far. Judging by the cover of #6 it'll end with a bang smile.gif

Daredevil #57, $2.99 Do I need to explain this one?

Fantastic Four #510 (#81) I don't need to explain this one either, do I?

Pulse #1 I'll give it a shot.

Superman Batman #6, $2.95 What a great read so far. Judging by the cover of #6 it'll end with a bang[/b]

I did not realize that this one came out tomorrow, I will definately be picking it up as well. It has been a great ride so far, so I do not expect it to disappoint.

thumbsup2.gif

A light week for new issues. I'm looking forwards to reading everything.

DAREDEVIL #57

DC THE NEW FRONTIER #2 (Of 6)

FANTASTIC FOUR #510 (#81)

PULSE #1

RUNAWAYS #12

SUPERMAN BATMAN #6

SUPERMAN SECRET IDENTITY #2 (Of 4)

Big week for tradepaperbacks:

ARKHAM ASYLUM LIVING HELL TP

-based on word of mouth

MARVEL MASTERWORKS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL 5 2ND ED

- down to the last few remasterworks

SOJOURN VOL 4 THIEFS TALE TP

- Greg Land is amazing. Sojourn is the only CG title I've really liked (not enough to by it as a monthly though)

WONDER WOMAN GODS AND MORTALS TP

- I HIGHLY recommend this collection of George Perez WW issues. Great stuff.

Kev

what did you think of "4"???

Marvel's first family fallen on hard times? So-so start so far; art is ok. I always read the whole series regardless of how bad it starts off, but I'm hoping for better next issue..

As for this week's picks:

Aspen Sketchbook - something to drool over

Adventures of Superman 625 - better pick this 2nd part of Godfall up and at least 10 copies of it - most people missed the boat on the 1st Turner on supes in Action 812

DC The New Frontier #2 - liked the 1st one and I don't usually do DC; hopipng this is as entertaining

Daredevil #57 - want to see DD get his arse handed to him and see if the other 4 NY superheroes had any connection to it.

Elektra #33 - because I always pick this title up; still a snooze; even art is falling apart

Fantastic Four #510 - based on Donut's recommendation thumbsup2.gif

GI Joe Vol 4 TP Alliances = bc I have the other 3 and I'm an obsessive completionist

New X-Men #153 - Where is Silvestri and Morrison going with this?

Runaways #12 - Will the two little kids beat Cload and Dagger? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Spider-Man Dr. Octopus - finish this junk arc already - not sure if this is the one with the 2nd rate jealous photographer or the one with the genius kid that idolizes doc ock

Star Wars Republic #61 - been following these Clone Wars related issues and the rengade chick Jedi was awesome - although Obi Wan may have "defused" her anger in the last issue? Who knows what further part Asaaj Ventress will play in this saga...

Superman / Batman #6 - just plain awesome series - really can't wait for the next issue

Tomb Raider #37 - because I like girlie art?

Ultimate X-Men #42 - story arc is building; will be anticipating what happens next

Uncanny X-Men #440 - still a stupid story arc finishing up - trailer trash Romeo and Juliet sleeping.gif

Wonder Woman #201 - been keeping up with this

Wolverine #11

Wolverine / Cap America - like how they draw Warbird?

The trade collection of WW by George Perez is something I think is well worth both a read and a look. The art is typical George Perez greatness, but what I was mainly surprised by was how good the stories were on this reboot. I remember buying the original issues (when they were in the 50 cent bin) and now that it's in trade, I'm really looking forward to it.

That and the 5th spidey Masterworks (with some beautiful John Romita art that reproduces just spectacularly) which is one of my favorite volumes of the entire Masterworks series. I have almost all of the volumes (with the exception of the garbage Werner Roth X-Men stories) and I have to say the remastered versions are beautiful. I highly, highly recommend these stories to every silver age Marvel fan.

I can't wait for FF #510 either. I was tempted to pick up some of Mark Waid's TPB Flash comics, but decided to go with John's Flash instead. Not a big DC fan, but someone was highly recommending Flash last week so I will give it a shot. Also picked up Wanted #s 1 and 2. Just read #1 and it was awesome. Reminds me of Ennis Punisher. Also picked up Moore's Swamp Thing TPB Book 1. Never read any of Moore's stuff except LXG volume 1. Looking forward to see if it lives up to the hype.

Definitely buying:

Coup Detat #3 - so far, so good...

Daredevil #57 - really dug Bendis' return last month

DC The New Frontier #2 - love Cooke, loved #1

Fantastic Four #510 - I'm surprised how much I like this book under Waid

The Goon #5 - fun series

Human Target #7 - solid series

New X-Men #153 - the first half of this arc is sorta ehh

The Pulse #1 - Bendis, cool concept, liked Alias

Will flip through and possibly buy:

Adventures of Superman #625 - Action #812 was decent enough

Batman Gotham Knights #50 - not holding my breath...

DEMO #4 - #3 was quite good

Runaways #12 - last couple haven't been so great

Anyone know what happened to Sword of Dracula #3?

Waid's run on FF is awesome. In my opinion, he's the best FF writer in at least 25 years. I don't think I enjoyed John Byrne's run as much as I'm enjoying this one, and I can't tell you how happy it made me to hear that MVL brought him back before his run to 508 finished out.

I can't wait for FF #510 either. I was tempted to pick up some of Mark Waid's TPB Flash comics, but decided to go with John's Flash instead. Not a big DC fan, but someone was highly recommending Flash last week so I will give it a shot. Also picked up Wanted #s 1 and 2. Just read #1 and it was awesome. Reminds me of Ennis Punisher. Also picked up Moore's Swamp Thing TPB Book 1. Never read any of Moore's stuff except LXG volume 1. Looking forward to see if it lives up to the hype.

Agree w/ you. FF is the best it's been since Lee/Kirby (and I don't think Weirengo is anything special). Waid has captured the spirit of the FF.

Marvelous - you've picked up some great book recently. Wanted #2 is better than #1. And the Moore Swamp Things are some of the best comics ever. The art is sublime to boot. cloud9.gif

Wonder Woman 201 - my favorite and a great read with Rucka

Tomb Raider 37 - fun to read (and look at pretty pictures)

Fantastic Four 510 - Waid's done a great job - "fantastic" read

The Pulse 1 - looking forward to this one

Spider-Man/Dr Octopus: Negative Exposure 5 - last one - now I can read them all at once

Aspen Sketchbook - more art from my favorite artist - Michael Turner.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been enjoying Waid and Wieringo's FF, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Byrne's run on the title from 232-296. THOSE were the best FF comics since Lee and Kirby and still are.

Byrne nailed every note perfectly... Waid has had some bumpy spots, and Wieringo's Doom "shudder" - easily one of the worst redesigns IMO.

I thought Carlos Pacheco's run was pretty solid as well.

Kev

I've been enjoying Waid and Wieringo's FF, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Byrne's run on the title from 232-296. THOSE were the best FF comics since Lee and Kirby and still are.

indeed it was a great run, but give waid's a few more time... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif