• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interracial romance on the cover of latest Archie. Is it a first?

31 posts in this topic

with that said, based on covers and posters in my LCS, i am SOOOOO confused. maybe i should actually read the mini-seris i bought. first he was going to marry veronica. then he married and knocked up betty with twins. then he's back with veronica. and now he's fooling around with valerie? are these all dream sequences. does Archieworld have 3 million alternate universes -- Earth 1, Earth 2, etc.?

I am going to have to find where I put this 8 part miniseries and actually read it as I suspect the covers may not accurately convey the stories. I had bought it for my wife and then it got mixed up with all my other comics.

In the first issue of Archie comics, the Andrews family has a black maid that is straight outta the "mammy" school of stereotype casting. On the cover of the latest issue, Archie is seen kissing a black girl.

I'm guessing it's the first time, but the publisher has not, to my knowledge, tried to generate publicity for it (which could be to their credit)

Actually, they have. It's just not as news worthy as the gay character. (Or, it's not as "offensive".)

I think ARCHIE (the company) is so desperate for any type of media attention that they will try almost anything to get people to buy their books.

Next month, Jughead gets a summer job tending sheep. Well, one thing leads to another and ...

I think ARCHIE (the company) is so desperate for any type of media attention that they will try almost anything to get people to buy their books.

Next month, Jughead gets a summer job tending sheep. Well, one thing leads to another and ...

I don't really think so. There was some media attention when Chuck Clayton was introduced as a character. There was some attention when Archie did a series of PSA's about HIV/Aids. What if this were any other comic company doing this? Most people would not even notice. But, since it's the wholesome "conservative" world of Archie, everyone takes notice.

Whatever, to them I say bravo. They deserve the attention just like Marvel and DC do.

I was referring to the dominatrix and cross-dressing scenarios.

Oh, I see. Yea, don't worry, those are fake. :)

That's a shame! I was about to go buy me some Archie and Riverdale Gang Bang issues.

I thought that was why God created Cherry poptart!