• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman #15 - cover!

79 posts in this topic

I dunno. Why poke the stick in that beehive. Would he be proud or would it just pizz him off knowing how cheaply he sold it? I think different artists might react in different ways.

yeah 4x seems high but 2x seemed a lock? I would have guessed 25-30k but I am talking out of my butt because I have no idea what it would go for

:bump:

Cover sold at auction today for $53k and change.

GOOD LORD!

:o WOW! How many people were bidding on it? :slapfight:

Just 1.

The reserve was the bid it got. At Heritage they announce what the reserve is before the auction, days before, and then set the bidding to start at that number. So if anyone wants it they know where they have to go.

This cover only got the single bid that covered reserve. It got a ton of bids before the reserve was revealed but this was the only one that met the reserve.

:eyeroll:

As massively important as this cover is, $53K is wildly overpriced. Congrats to the seller, I guess.

Just think....Totleben sold it for $600 not 10 years ago.

Think ''Totle'' knows of that auction? hm

Wow! 53K is an incredible price. I was thinking in the 25-30K range. Congrats to the seller!

Me too. It made $30-35k in the regular bidding, before it was adjusted to the reserve...only one buyer at the asking price. I don't think it would have made it that high without the reserve.

As massively important as this cover is, $53K is wildly overpriced. Congrats to the seller, I guess.

It was Glenn Danzig who sold it for $600. I imagine Totleben got even less when *he* sold it.

I don't know if he's aware of this specific auction, but he is aware of what his art from SWAMP THING and MM have been selling for the last few years. He still has a few choice pieces left and the last time I talked to him, he plans on hanging onto them for his kids.

I don't know if he's aware of this specific auction, but he is aware of what his art from SWAMP THING and MM have been selling for the last few years. He still has a few choice pieces left and the last time I talked to him, he plans on hanging onto them for his kids.

:applause: That's great, but I have a feeling once he passes on his kids will sell them to the highest bidder. hm

GOOD LORD!

Just 1.

The reserve was the bid it got. At Heritage they announce what the reserve is before the auction, days before, and then set the bidding to start at that number. So if anyone wants it they know where they have to go.

This cover only got the single bid that covered reserve. It got a ton of bids before the reserve was revealed but this was the only one that met the reserve.

Do we know for sure if a collector bought it? Heritage could have guaranteed the $45K price tag to secure the entire consignment. Which means they would have bought it for that price.

The consignor's asking price prior to the auction was no secret. Anyone who knew it would have a good idea of what the reserve was. As high as bidding got prior to Heritage bumping it up the $45K reserve, it could have all been thrill-bids by those who knew they were playing safely under the reserve.

It was Glenn Danzig who sold it for $600. I imagine Totleben got even less when *he* sold it.

Ah. Thanks for the correction, Nexus. :)

GOOD LORD!

Just 1.

Do we know for sure if a collector bought it? Heritage could have guaranteed the $45K price tag to secure the entire consignment. Which means they would have bought it for that price.

The consignor's asking price prior to the auction was no secret. Anyone who knew it would have a good idea of what the reserve was. As high as bidding got prior to Heritage bumping it up the $45K reserve, it could have all been thrill-bids by those who knew they were playing safely under the reserve.

I don't think it was a stretch for this cover to garner real bids up to 25k..which is $30k with the juice. There aren't a lot of people out there that would pay that for this cover but there are a few.

Nobody (except for the bidder) knows who won this piece. All we know for sure is that it sold at auction and the seller is getting his cash out of it. It could have very well been the auction house paying off on a guarantee, or a single buyer who decided he just wanted it and met the price. It's not like this sale will affect the market for MM covers, this one is the beginning and end of the A list for this book.

It's not like this sale will affect the market for MM covers, this one is the beginning and end of the A list for this book.

Agreed.

#16 is actually my favorite cover in the series. But, it wouldn't come close to touching this number.

This is the cover to THE book in the run.