• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel must be in dire financial straits!

10 posts in this topic

So, I went to my LCS today for Free Comic Book Day. Queen City Bookstore put on a great event! Tons of people there and everyone had a great time.

When I got back home to look through the books, I was VERY amused by the size of the Marvel Free Comic Editions! They were really tiny! Not mini-comic book size, but tiny nonetheless.

It's sad to see that poor Marvel can't afford to publish regular size comic books to give away and all these smaller publishers can (IDW, Dark Horse, Archie and, I think, all others)! Disney must have gotten really stingy with their pocketbook!

:roflmao:

I think it's just a way to save on printing costs.

I know. I'm sure it is. I just thought it would be fun to make fun of Marvel for a little while.

Wy bother making it normal size when it's free?

It's free to the consumer.

If I remember correctly, retailers pay anywhere from 10 cents a book to 1.00 per book, and then give them away for free which is why you see so many store stamps on them. I'm sure everyone's losing $ on this, but it's really just another form of advertising. But yeah, if Marvel keeps pulling out on stuff like this and all the other "small publishers" are putting forth some effort...maybe, someday, marvel will explode like the death star (regular, not the stupid special edition explosion).