• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW Avengers #1 Romita Sr DWC Exclusive.

39 posts in this topic

I would be interested in a blue label, too. Already ordered the signed copy.

I never knew you collected Avengers comics. :hi:

It is a recent affliction.

Who woulda known? :news::)

Someone help out a guy that doesn't keep up with variants...

I'm guessing that since this is a Marvel #1 that there will be multiple variants in varying ratios. Is the artwork to this cover exclusive to the DWC variant or will this be a wide-release cover and your variant will have the DWC logo on it? Any ideas at this point?

:bump:

Someone help out a guy that doesn't keep up with variants...

I'm guessing that since this is a Marvel #1 that there will be multiple variants in varying ratios. Is the artwork to this cover exclusive to the DWC variant or will this be a wide-release cover and your variant will have the DWC logo on it? Any ideas at this point?

I gonna go out on a limb here, and no disrespect is meant to anyone, and say that this will be similar to many others, but have the DW logo.

Ok...I understand the hologram sticker for the Tribute event thing on the CGC casing but, a DWC logo as an actual variant on the book ???

That,....I don't understand...

Ok...I understand the hologram sticker for the Tribute event but, a DWC logo as an actual variant on the book ???

That's how I read it, yes. It's not unusual for a stroe or dealer to get an exclusive variant. Look at FF #554. There was the Skrull variant from Marvel by Suydam which was semi-tough to find and then there was a Coliseum of Comics variant with the same image, just their logo was added, those were everywhere.

I assume this is probably among the cheapest ways to get a variant done for a store, but again, I don't know. I just figure it's cheap since the seller won't have to commission the original art as well as shoulder the price of the printing.

Ok...I understand the hologram sticker for the Tribute event but, a DWC logo as an actual variant on the book ???

That's how I read it, yes. It's not unusual for a stroe or dealer to get an exclusive variant. Look at FF #554. There was the Skrull variant from Marvel by Suydam which was semi-tough to find and then there was a Coloseum of Comics variant with the same image, just their logo was added, those were everywhere.

I assume this is probably among the cheapest ways to get a variant done for a store, but again, I don't know.

In that case...something that would be crazy would be if Chandler and Sharon signed "their" variant for SS purposes....

"Chandler and Sharon Rice signed and sketched on 07/07/10"

That would be a trip dude!

Geez, you're thick. That or your sense of humor is the same as mine! lol

It's the same image though. Like I was saying, it is a variant, and there could be many like it out there with slight changes such as logos and so on.

It's the same image though. Like I was saying, it is a variant, and there could be many like it out there with slight changes such as logos and so on.

I want a special variant for International Chespirito Corp and all of it's subsidiary companies and Jr Firms affiliated with it...

1/10000 variant..... :idea:

Actually Doug I guess I should let it be known that DWC commissioned the cover from Marvel so there are only two versions of this cover available. The plain and the DWC Exclusive and according to Marvel's rules each retailer has the option to order a maximum of 3 non DWC exclusive copies per Diamond Account. So good luck getting it and in 9.8 condition AND double signed by Stan and John. lol

That's how I read it, yes. It's not unusual for a stroe or dealer to get an exclusive variant. Look at FF #554. There was the Skrull variant from Marvel by Suydam which was semi-tough to find and then there was a Coloseum of Comics variant with the same image, just their logo was added, those were everywhere.

I assume this is probably among the cheapest ways to get a variant done for a store, but again, I don't know.

In that case...something that would be crazy would be if Chandler and Sharon signed "their" variant for SS purposes....

"Chandler and Sharon Rice signed and sketched on 07/07/10"

That would be a trip dude!

HECTOR!!! You were not suppose to tell anyone what our San Diego Exclusive was going to be. Geesh man. Sharon is going to be upset now that the cat is out of the bag.

:jokealert:

Actually Doug I guess I should let it be known that DWC commissioned the cover from Marvel so there are only two versions of this cover available. The plain and the DWC Exclusive and according to Marvel's rules each retailer has the option to order a maximum of 3 non DWC exclusive copies per Diamond Account. So good luck getting it and in 9.8 condition AND double signed by Stan and John. lol

Thank you for setting me straight!

And just to add, this is the same for every convention or shop when dealing with Marvel. When working on the Kansas City Planet Con books it was common knowledge that they would issue the same cover out on the same issue, just minus the logo of the KC Con.

They were also offered through Diamond at a price per issue. Not sure if DWC is going that route, but my only advice is that Diamond charges a very HEFTY price to list.