• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st appearance of The Warlord?

25 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I see where you're going. Not sure if that was the intent of the question... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You could start an interesting thread with all the Barbarians, Sorcerers, etc and what issue they entered the "superhero" Universe.

Was Conan's in a What If? or Hulk 201?... and does either really count? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, the question was more like what is the first appearance of The Warlord at all.

The cover of issue #1 of The Warlord says "Now in his own magazine" which to me implies he was a supporting hero on other storylines in other books. I think Bruce answered my question though... I'll hunt down the cover of that DC Special 8 check later tonite.

Thanks Bruce !

thumbsup2.gif

Now if I could just fine one of those in MINT condition .. cgc or not....

You'll have to battle me, donut and several others for starters if a worthy 9.8 arrives. I think i saw one 3 years+ ago and did not go after it hard... mistake. I do have a beauty of a 9.6 White though.

I'd go after that 9.4 if I were you, 9.6's don't show up too often and that looks solid.

You should be able to win it between $25-$35

Wait, I just realized that it's only NEAR mint condition.

But it's a nice looking copy, and there's only 1 CGC 9.8 out there.... Census

I know i remember... I >think< it sold for close to $350-$375?

I kick myself for having a weak sack that day.

sorry.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Let me be VERY clear, a 9.8 will move to the Donut household if one shows up. grin.gif

I have a 9.6 White. Also a 9.6 White of Warlord 1, which is an IMPOSSIBLE book to find in high grade because of the jet black cover.

Well, don't worry.. Ill be keeping a lookout for that elusive 9.8 also, and if the timing is right, I will have plenty of $$$ to fight with.

Thanks for the info, and letting me know that there are adversaries out there to duel against should a 9.8 show.

thumbsup2.gif

I have a 1st Issue Special 8 and Warlord 1-125 plus annuals all bought new and read. The 1st Issue Special and Warlord 1 aren't mint anymore, but I love em anyways. What a great series that was!