• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: It is the little things in life..

26 posts in this topic

that can make one happy.

I was taking out the garbage. Down the hall, Doug was playing with his son Jack.

We got to talking very briefly, and he says, "Wanna see my DD 1?"

I said, "Sure."

Well, let me tell you: Pacific Coast at 9.4 - and it was a BEAUTY!!!

He went back in to continue playing with Jack.

I walked back down the hall and said, "Honey, I just saw some Marvel history while I was taking out the trash..."

Larry

I was at Outer Limits in Waltham one day a few years back (hey Steve Higgins!) and said "Hey. Interesting book there. (or words to that effect)" (It was a Marvel Crypt Of Shadows #1 in nice VF shape). Steve by this time knew my collectng proclivities (pre-code horror and offbeat things like paperbacks by Ed Wood, some horror movie posters etc). Anyway, Steve takes the book, hands it to me and says "Take it. You might find it interesting (or words to that effect)" Just like that. Now it was just maybe $10-12 but still made me feel mighty fine.

Even though some think I reside there, I miss Outer Limits. frown.gif

that can make one happy.

I was taking out the garbage. Down the hall, Doug was playing with his son Jack.

We got to talking very briefly, and he says, "Wanna see my DD 1?"

I said, "Sure."

Well, let me tell you: Pacific Coast at 9.4 - and it was a BEAUTY!!!

You live next to CaptainTripps. His Daredevil run makes mine look like a set of children's blocks next to the Great Pyramids of Egypt.

You live next door to Captain Tripps?

I'm gonna' start looking into renting the tour bus. Dam60....you are resonsible for printing up the flyers.

Kahml, you are going to have to provide refreshements, but I think you can get away with a buck a cup for lemonade. Your wife cook? Good. A couple of pans of lasagna will do...$5 a head.

We should be there by about 2pm on Saturday. We promise to take our shoes off if it's snowing.

Wander over to the CGC registry. It's like the Captain's little museum!

He has so many high grade Pacific Coast books, I'm surpised you don't hear the surf coming in at night.

I only needed one more book to complete my reader set of the Adams GL/GA run and I had the "wanted" line in my sig. A board member contacted me saying he had a copy in VG/F that he wanted to give me, just needed my address. A week later I had the book in hand. He wouldn't take money for it, just wanted me to have it so I could read the complete run. It made me feel like I was 12 again, trading comics with my friends. thumbsup2.gif

I only needed one more book to complete my reader set of the Adams GL/GA run and I had the "wanted" line in my sig. A board member contacted me saying he had a copy in VG/F that he wanted to give me, just needed my address. A week later I had the book in hand. He wouldn't take money for it, just wanted me to have it so I could read the complete run. It made me feel like I was 12 again, trading comics with my friends. thumbsup2.gif

Wow! So you mean if I had just asked you for that GL/GA run instead of bidding on it way back when, you would have given it to me? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Wow! So you mean if I had just asked you for that GL/GA run instead of bidding on it way back when, you would have given it to me? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Um, yes? cool.gif

You live next door to Captain Tripps?

I'm gonna' start looking into renting the tour bus. Dam60....you are resonsible for printing up the flyers.

Kahml, you are going to have to provide refreshements, but I think you can get away with a buck a cup for lemonade. Your wife cook? Good. A couple of pans of lasagna will do...$5 a head.

We should be there by about 2pm on Saturday. We promise to take our shoes off if it's snowing.

Wander over to the CGC registry. It's like the Captain's little museum!

He has so many high grade Pacific Coast books, I'm surpised you don't hear the surf coming in at night.

I can crank out some mean margaritas, but Ricki works on Saturday - so there's no "home cooking" - simply chips and screamingly hot salsa.

And I don't think a week goes by that there isn't some package coming in either from Sarasota or the west coast.

< Aside: I think Doug really misses the fact that CGC is no longer 10 minutes away from here. >

Me - well - I'm going to stick to flipping Moderns - it uses less storage space.

Larry

Fort Lee, NJ - birthplace of the modern cinema:

Fort Lee film history

And I am >surpremely< glad that we have a post office that manages to get Priority Mail to folks faster than almost anyone in the country.

Larry

Fort Lee, eh? I frequent the area from time to time, but I stay pretty much around the Korean area. Are you anywhere near 3PG headquarters? I was thinking about bringing a batch of books to them.

Yes, they are in a building in a shopping center about 3 blocks away.

When I first saw their web site last year, I e-mailed them and asked if I could drop off my books at their office. I was told, "No" in a manner that was just short of rude. Apparently, they want the books coming in from a dealer or LCS.

For me, that means driving the 10 miles west to Teaneck, just so the LCS there can ship them back to Fort Lee. confused-smiley-013.gif

Strangely enough, it is only after this weekend's buying spree that I have some early 80's X-Men that I'd like to try out with them.

Larry

Hmmmm....let's see. I get a part time job in the Fort Lee post office......work my way up to the Priority shipping department......get a job on the route that delivers to your apartment building....... insane.gifinsane.gif

Don't think I haven't thought along the same lines:

"Hey there Mr. Postperson, I'll sign for Doug's package - after all, I'm going up to the 19th floor...." << bwaa-haa-haaa! >> devil.gif

But I don't... angel.gif

Larry

You know, that's a very good idea. I'm going to give it a try.