• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help for Superman Book

4 posts in this topic

Hi amigos-

I've been on the boards for awhile now, and have gotten lots of great help from a lot of you, including Bangzoom, comics&hockey guy, blbcomics, and others. Thanksthankthanks.

Anyway, I'm writing a book on Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster (and that S-guy) for St. Martin's Press. What I still need -- and I need your help!!! -- is to find copies of the Science Fiction fanzine, which ran for five issues. I won't ask for scans, but I do want to talk to the people who own them (and yes I have #3). If you can help me out, send a private message -- in return you'll get a copy of the book when it comes out (along with some cool Jerry and Joe trading cards now). If you really come through, you'll even get mentioned in the book. Of course, if you want to remain anonymous, that will be completely respected. Like I said, not looking for scans or to out anyone's collection.

I'm also looking for any other anecdotes, letters, or other stuff you may know of or have that is related to Joe and Jerry. And no, this is not the "been there, done that" book. Trust me.

Any help would really be appreciated. I know this board basically put together two Fletcher Hanks books (which were awesome) so you're my last, best, Obi-wan-style hope!

Any questions, just let me know. And thanks again for continued GA 101.

Brad

921_0573.jpg

Trading cards are produced by Topps for me -- if anyone provides tips, they get the full set (so far): one Joe, one Jerry, and the ultra-rare chase cards of the World's Fair and Lois Lane.

Ok, it's not like I'm giving out actual comics here, but they turned out kinda cool. Facts on the back!