• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's good for $3K?

122 posts in this topic

On the Marvel side a Hulk 1 or JIM 83 gets you more for the dollar than a AF 15, FF1 or TOS 39. An X-men 1 or AV 4 might be nice but are much more common IMO. On the DC side I might shoot for Showcase 4 long before a Showcase 22. Showcase 8 tends to be overlooked too but isn't an ubber key. Or you could go for hard to find and shoot for a Batman 121, Superman 106, Tec 140, All American 61, All Star 33 in various grades for the price.

Little Dot 1, Archie 1, Pep 22, Terry Toons 38, are all tough books to find but well worth it if the price/condition is right. Comiclink has a 3.0 Archie 1 for auction but my guess is $3000 won't cut it.

There's a 4.5 on the May comiclink auction. Or this one for $1 Million dollars.

Bedrock has a 9.2 which I believe is also not for sale.

TT38-1.jpg

Don't hate the output of the great Zastava company! One day they will be a force to be reckoned with!

I think AF 15 is still too expensive for me. A $3,000 one is too low grade. :cry:

Hulk 1, JIM 83, pre-Robin 'Tec or early Schomburg Timely war would be swell. Showcase 4 would be my favorite, but I bet that'd still be too low grade for me too.

There's a 9.4 Strange Tales 115 on Clink at slightly more than 3K.....if a Del Toro movie is made it might spike.....cool cover and origin of Dr. Strange. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. You can still get a decent BB 28 for that kind of money.

Bingo. If you're eschewing the weed option, this is where I would probably go. Or an Adventure 247

Maybe a low grade pre-Robin Tec that may come up for sale: Examples..

File0019.jpg

Word freakin' up! How much would that bad boy go for?

I'm going to guess a good deal above $3k.

Maybe a low grade pre-Robin Tec that may come up for sale: Examples..

Word freakin' up! How much would that bad boy go for?

I'm going to guess a good deal above $3k.

Whaddaya think the grade is?

You can get some decent, complete, unrestored pre Robin Batman Tecs for $3K if you look around.

You can get some decent, complete, unrestored pre Robin Batman Tecs for $3K if you look around.

That's my budget, and I've been looking for 4-5 months now. :( Definitely takes patience.