• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choke on this................ again

45 posts in this topic

:o :o :o Are they all yours? Very, very, impressive. Psycho #3 :cloud9: Scream #8 :cloud9: Doc Savage #8 :cloud9: I could go on...and on...

That's about half of the collection. I have lots more repeats. SSOC 1-100 about 2 deep with 1-30 being 3 deep etc etc. Most of the collection was purchased around 2000-2002. Was trying to acquire all the issues I wanted before CGC started grading mags.

Sweet collection!

So what's left to hunt down now?

(I could take a guess looking just at the picture, but I don't know what else ya got!)

Well, I haven't purchased a book in about 5 years but the recent Fantagor thread has me wanting to pick up a run of first prints.

Beyond that the biggest holes in the collection (in my mind and in order)...

1. VF copy of Blazing Combat #1

2. Vampirella #3

3. Marvel Preview #2 (Punisher Origin)

4. Marvel Super Special #5 (2nd Kiss Issue).

What condition are most of them in? Hard to tell by the picture. Magazines Have some of the best covers, but they seem very unappreciated on these boards, at least, that is the impression i get. Do you plan on selling any of them? :wishluck:

What condition are most of them in? Hard to tell by the picture. Magazines Have some of the best covers, but they seem very unappreciated on these boards, at least, that is the impression i get. Do you plan on selling any of them? :wishluck:

Most run VF and higher. The Scream collection is probably a step lower than most of the other books. The SSOCs are probaly all VF+ to NM+. THe early and late Psychos are VF but the midrange issues get a little rough in comparison.

The Savage Tale #1s would grade from F+ to NM. I bought a bunch raw off eba

The only ones Ive gotten board opinions on is the WoH3 which lacks any spine rub and is honestly the best condition issue I've seen. The two Vampirella #1s are guestimated to be CGC 9.0 and CGC 9.2. THe other vampirellas #2-10 are super clean with no blemishes whatsoever! All the vampi's came from an original owner collection who had just put them on consignment with the LCS.

The trophy of the mag collection isnt pictured but is my dearly loved Vampirella Hardcover with no spine split!

I have never sold a single book.

Blazing Combats (worship)

I think you have #3 and #4 in the wrong order. :gossip:

I wish I had a nice Weird Tales of the Macabre #1. :cry:

The trophy of the mag collection isnt pictured but is my dearly loved Vampirella Hardcover with no spine split!

O

M

G

!

(worship)

Blazing Combats (worship)

I think you have #3 and #4 in the wrong order. :gossip:

I wish I had a nice Weird Tales of the Macabre #1. :cry:

I wrote the program that composited all those images together. I tried to follow a naming convention that would allow the program to order them correctly IF they were all in the same folder. Not all were and I fubar'd the convention on some of the names, otherwise they wouldv'e been in order (unless I actually misnamed the jpeg file as the wrong issue). Can't remember, its been a couple years since I built that image.

Beyond that the biggest holes in the collection (in my mind and in order)...

1. VF copy of Blazing Combat #1

2. Vampirella #3

3. Marvel Preview #2 (Punisher Origin)

4. Marvel Super Special #5 (2nd Kiss Issue).

Yeah, I was thinking of Blazing Combat 1 and Marvel Preview 2.

Do you also have a Creepy 1 not in the picture?

Your collection is inspiring me to get back on the magazine horse. I have semi-complete runs of Creepy, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and Savage Sword of Conan, but I've been taking a break on picking up mags in favor of completing some comic runs.

Great stuff!

(thumbs u

You Have to be congratulated on such a fantastic collection. :golfclap: Have had any CGC'd, or do you prefer them raw?

All raw. One of my runs of Conan 1-100 is in mylar binder sheets so I can page through em, otherwise all in good ol normal mylar.

Do you also have a Creepy 1 not in the picture?

Your collection is inspiring me to get back on the magazine horse. I have semi-complete runs of Creepy, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and Savage Sword of Conan, but I've been taking a break on picking up mags in favor of completing some comic runs.

Great stuff!

(thumbs u

Creepy #1 was one of those issues that I kept teling myself I needed to get but never did. I just really don't like the cover. I know the significance of the Jack Davis cover and Frazetta's last comic story but the issue is uber common in VF+ and I never pulled the trigger.

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu: my run is . That was one I forgot about until you mentioned it. I really need to readress that.

MY SSOCs are my favorite and Earl Norem is my sentimental #1 cover artist for that title.

Doc Savage # 8 is my all time favourite cover, Ken Barr is a top class artist, love his work. It seems to be the hardest one to find in top shape, I bought the Don Rosa copy a few years back from Pedigree, it was cgc 9.6, i was very disappointed with it (i thought it 9.4 at best) and since sold it, my hunt continues for a nicer copy.

Norem is another great artist, SSOC #47 is my favourite.

Earl Norem is awesome!

I was thinking of starting an Earl Norem Appreciation Thread, but I don't have nearly the variety of covers that would be required to pull it off.

I dig the Norem Planet of the Apes covers alot. I'm pretty sure #21 is one of his.

I'm always tempted by Norem's sleazeploitation "Men's Magazine" covers, but I can't afford another area of collectibles at the moment!

I hear ya about Creepy 1...ever since I picked up the Dark Horse hardcover reprint, that issue has gone to the bottom of The List.

All this mag talk is really getting the old collecting itch irritated. Think I'll work on that Fantagor collection and get all those Squatronts I've always eyed lustily.