• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Those of you with HUGE gif files slowing everyone down please read...

53 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the most annoyingly pedantic post in the history of online bulletin boards. You should be proud.

If he's using one of these to connect to the interwebs...

Contact_RotaryPhone.117114926_std.jpg

He's Doing It Wrong!!!

Did that image load for you yet Buff?

Congratulations on the most annoyingly pedantic post in the history of online bulletin boards. You should be proud.

I don't see anything minute about these sigs getting out of control around here especially considering how I myself was :boo: in the past.

Mind you, I was a newb at the time and it takes time to understand forum ettiquette but this place has just gotten completely out of control recently. I appreciate the effort that Lauren made with her "positive" thread but even that one couldn't go without negativity.

Most of the board bullies are usually quite pleasant in person. I guess the cynicism just takes hold and comes out when everyone's alone typing away on here. Sad really...

I agree on the sigs and I have them turned off for that reason.

I see it this way...

WTB threads are for want lists.

The respective forums are to show off and talk about your personal books.

Discussion threads are for discussions.

I really get sidetracked with sigs turned on. For me it's like walking through the circus on acid (at least that's how I think it would look...I don't do drugs).

I have one small written line in my sig and it's an inspirational one to me so that's why I keep it there. It's a reflection of what I believe. Relatively speaking, it's small enough to go by unnoticed although I'm happy to turn it off. There are really were just way too many images and gifs in sig lines for me to focus on reading so I just blocked them all out.

Most of the board bullies are usually quite pleasant in person. I guess the cynicism just takes hold and comes out when everyone's alone typing away on here. Sad really...

:roflmao: sean couldn't bully himself out of JC's underpants.

I guess the cynicism just takes hold and comes out when everyone's alone typing away on here. Sad really...

But usually pretty damn funny.

as I told buffy...once my wife sees the gif, it will be gone anyway :cry:

I have sigs enabled because I like to see what interests people. But it has got to the point recently whenever I am reading a thread I have to scroll down quickly, or actually turn off the computer like I am doing something wrong anytime Ellen walks in the room, or looks up from the kitchen table.

"Daddy, why is that girl licking that computer?" " Daddy, why is that girl taking her pants off? "Daddy, go back.. I want to see what that girl was wearing"

I mean, I am all for oogling at girlie pictures, but do they really need to be posted on a comics message board like we are kids in a tree clubhouse?

Oh well, I guess it's sigs off for me. Or look into ad block. Or read the forum in the bathroom with the lights out. :blush:

I am such a Dad now. :cry:

For a board that will hammer you for what you say or if you dont make everyone 100% happy with a transaction, they sure do turn the blind eye to the images posted.

Seriously? If you consider that bullying, then you must have had a terrible childhood. Go back and re-read your post. Did you really think that your "punishment .gif" was a good idea when you did it? I thought it was annoyingly pedantic and said so. If you are going to tell an entire community what they should and should not do, you should probably expect some feedback.

PS: Sarcasm is different from cynicism.

I can't find Waldo. Am I doing it wrong?

(shrug)

Of course you are :baiting:

Make that second most pedantic.

Congrats, seanfingh.

Jack

(w/ sigs turned off within a day of joining)

I have only one more thing to say in this thread (sorry to disappoint you all).

TGIF

I have one small written line in my sig and it's an inspirational one to me so that's why I keep it there. It's a reflection of what I believe. Relatively speaking, it's small enough to go by unnoticed although I'm happy to turn it off. There are really were just way too many images and gifs in sig lines for me to focus on reading so I just blocked them all out.

Roy, it's sad and pathetic, but every time I read your sig quote, I think of this:

Party on party people let me hear some noise

DC's in the house, jump jump rejoice

Says there's a party over here, a party over there

Wave your hands in the air, shake your derriere

These three words when you're getting busy

Whoomp

There it is

Make that second most pedantic.

Congrats, seanfingh.

Jack

(w/ sigs turned off within a day of joining)

Simply knowing what the word pedantic means, and using it in a sentence, is not in and of itself pedantic. (thumbs u