• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I wish continued success to the book, Jeremy and people like Brian that support this one with some crazy obsession to complete each and every item Jeremy has crafted. Very cool to see that.

I know personally, the title has been soiled based on all the extra stuff. Seems like a fight (and I never back away from one) over everything with this book. And for the most part I don't think I see eye to eye with even the most die hard of collectors on this.

I wish everyone the best of luck with this book and continued enjoyment reading!

Time to go buy some more Walking Dead art muwahahahahahah

See you all in another modern thread for the next hot book (lets hope we all get on board for that one right away and enjoy the conversations, much like the Walking Dead thread!)

JJ Seacrest...out...

A person can make money and also be a good person. This is evident on these boards daily.

I'm really not going to reignite this conversation again (for everyone's sake). I'm not interested in extending the discussion anymore as all it would do is belabor points that have already been made. I did want to address the above comment, though.

I agree with you, JJ. A person certainly can make money and be a good person. You don't have to be impoverished to be moral. The rub is in the exponential ROI made, to the extent that it feels...well, a tad gauche. Especially when the price isn't based on any sort of established market, but rather through the determinations of a very small group of people. I wouldn't say any of it was immoral, just in bad taste.

And to further prove my point, here is a picture of Pirate.

8a9f389f.jpg

but it takes two. Someone can ask what they want, but you still need a buyer...and if someone is willing to pay what someone asks, who is the bad guy then? the person asking the extrordinary price, or the person willing to pay said price? if it is to high, don't pay it. eventually the price will be lowered. Don't jump to blaming the seller... doesn't that small group of people then establish the market?

Edited by chainnball

:o

:roflmao:

do you ever have anything to offer other than sarcasm? I mean, really???

Huh?? What chew talkin' about Willis? That picture is hilarious!

For more insightful comments Brian feel free to troll :)

:troll:

:jokealert:

well, when you let the Walking Dead thread Royalty into other threads they think they can just take over. You got lebowski who thinks he knows everything, then you get Branget, his personal laugh track and Bosco, another know it all, and all goes to hell. yeah, I said it, but I'm not the only one who thinks it. You can't have a discussion without one of these 3 puffing their chest. I truly think the root of all their angst is that they missed the boat on CPG and are just pissy that they didn't cash in as well. slam me all you want. I'm a big boy I can take it, but it needed to be said.

Having a bad night? I don't recall claiming to have missed any boats. (shrug) I was at C2E2...too :) I believe you thought my :roflmao: was directed towards you. If you check the post times you will see I was commenting on the picture of Pirate (assuming it is Pirate - either way...funny pic)

Edited by branget

well, when you let the Walking Dead thread Royalty into other threads they think they can just take over. You got lebowski who thinks he knows everything, then you get Branget, his personal laugh track and Bosco, another know it all, and all goes to hell. yeah, I said it, but I'm not the only one who thinks it. You can't have a discussion without one of these 3 puffing their chest. I truly think the root of all their angst is that they missed the boat on CPG and are just pissy that they didn't cash in as well. slam me all you want. I'm a big boy I can take it, but it needed to be said.

Well then, I guess you'll have to include me with the WD rabble, since I count all three of those guys as pals.

Does that mean I can consider myself the Queen of WD royalty?

:acclaim:

:o:sorry:

Personal attacks--this CPG must be good :banana:

Edited by dhurley1125

A person can make money and also be a good person. This is evident on these boards daily.

I'm really not going to reignite this conversation again (for everyone's sake). I'm not interested in extending the discussion anymore as all it would do is belabor points that have already been made. I did want to address the above comment, though.

I agree with you, JJ. A person certainly can make money and be a good person. You don't have to be impoverished to be moral. The rub is in the exponential ROI made, to the extent that it feels...well, a tad gauche. Especially when the price isn't based on any sort of established market, but rather through the determinations of a very small group of people. I wouldn't say any of it was immoral, just in bad taste.

And to further prove my point, here is a picture of Pirate.

8a9f389f.jpg

yea my 2 year old loved it when she took the picture. It's my top secret public profile picture on facebook. Partouche must have given it to you during your weekly leapfrog game.

Well then, I guess you'll have to include me with the WD rabble, since I count all three of those guys as pals.

Does that mean I can consider myself the Queen of WD royalty?

:acclaim:

hm Where am I on the WD royalty ladder?