• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Oh, and T.J. had a NM+ copy of CPG #1 first print, so he didn't miss any boats either. He just chose to sell it to me, at a very low discount :)

<3 for T.J.

TJ will do anything to try and get laid.

I truly think the root of all their angst is that they missed the boat on CPG and are just pissy that they didn't cash in as well.

That's twice now your little crowd made that comment, because that is how you guys think. The real truth of the matter, in your own words, Brian.

Know-it-all? How about seen-it-all in this hobby, and experienced with folks like yourself that try and suck all the fun out of a series by pushing it to its cash-limit?

All it would take is for this series to have a flood of books hit the market, prices drop, and you'd move on to the next "hot series" to get your buck up. Cursed Pirate Girl would be a distant memory for you then.

Sorry - it had to be said! ;)

If the book didn't have multiple printings available for anyone to have fun reading you might have a point, but it is readily available for anyone who wants to read it. Julio even admitted in this thread he was going to get as much as he could for the rare stuff. Does that make him part of our little crowd?

Edited by chainnball

If the book didn't have multiple printings available for anyone to have fun reading you might have a point, but it is readily available for anyone who wants to read it. Julio even admitted in this thread he was going to get as much as he could for the rare stuff.

That would be a valid point if all the books matched, right?

But for those that are completest, and wanting each printing because of the gorgeous artwork, maybe they want to collect them all?

I have no problem with someone making money in comics, and I never had a nasty word to say about you or your profiteering. Next time think before you type, and calling me a know-it-all.

Don't inherit your friend's hate just because they're your friend. That's a fool's path to take.

If the book didn't have multiple printings available for anyone to have fun reading you might have a point, but it is readily available for anyone who wants to read it. Julio even admitted in this thread he was going to get as much as he could for the rare stuff.

That would be a valid point if all the books matched, right?

But for those that are completest, and wanting each printing because of the gorgeous artwork, maybe they want to collect them all?

I have no problem with someone making money in comics, and I never had a nasty word to say about you or your profiteering. Next time think before you type, and calling me a know-it-all.

Don't inherit your friend's hate just because they're your friend. That's a fool's path to take.

practice what you preach

Oh, and T.J. had a NM+ copy of CPG #1 first print, so he didn't miss any boats either. He just chose to sell it to me, at a very low discount :)

<3 for T.J.

sorry, after seeing TJ's Facebook page, I retract, you're not his type.

Alright, this is getting out of hand now. Let's all agree to disagree and go about collecting, buying and selling as we see fit, and staying out of eachothers business. Then maybe we can get back to the original topic of enjoying this great book. Cool?

Alright, this is getting out of hand now. Let's all agree to disagree and go about collecting, buying and selling as we see fit, and staying out of eachothers business. Then maybe we can get back to the original topic of enjoying this great book. Cool?

I'm totally cool with that!

If the book didn't have multiple printings available for anyone to have fun reading you might have a point, but it is readily available for anyone who wants to read it. Julio even admitted in this thread he was going to get as much as he could for the rare stuff. Does that make him part of our little crowd?

Actually, Brian, this is what I said if you read back:

"Now on the high end and rare stuff, as I stated previously, if people want those then yes, they will be paying top dollar for those just as with any other rare, hot book. Common sense, no? But I make it as reasonable as I can depending on the situation and how I feel that day."

If people are going to refer to me, all I ask is that they not use me to prove a point with a comment I never made or a comment that has been skewed. Thanks, guys.

<3 for T.J.

Chicks dig the lumberjack look.

<3 for T.J.

Chicks dig the lumberjack look.

I hear that a lot too. :cool:

gotwoodlol.jpg