• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

So I think a fellow boardie had this problem. I put a note on the 'wanted section' saying I required a raw CPG #1 1st printing. A boardie replied & offered a raw CPG #1 which I accepted. I did say I was after a NM or better.

So it arrives...

do I get a NM comic? maybe one that looks good on the cover but a few white spine creases to the rear, making it a possible 9.6 or 9.4 if slabbed. NO! He takes all the fun away & just sends me a slabbed 9.8 instead! :o

No raw comic, no undergrading, he even had the cheek to pack it well & not charge for the additional postage! What is the world coming too?

thanks chainnball, (worship) (worship)

I'm now after a poor Action #1 or Tec #27, anyone? :wishluck:

:jokealert:

So I think a fellow boardie had this problem. I put a note on the 'wanted section' saying I required a raw CPG #1 1st printing. A boardie replied & offered a raw CPG #1 which I accepted. I did say I was after a NM or better.

So it arrives...

do I get a NM comic? maybe one that looks good on the cover but a few white spine creases to the rear, making it a possible 9.6 or 9.4 if slabbed. NO! He takes all the fun away & just sends me a slabbed 9.8 instead! :o

No raw comic, no undergrading, he even had the cheek to pack it well & not charge for the additional postage! What is the world coming too?

thanks chainnball, (worship) (worship)

I'm now after a poor Action #1 or Tec #27, anyone? :wishluck:

:jokealert:

:o Wow, very nice!

If you've ordered 4th prints of CPG they are being released next week and I will be contacting you directly for your book. Great news guys...DDS (Doug) has made this possible for those authentically interested or curious, for a rock bottom price. No one is making money here, but in a concerted effort between us both, it's all in support for the artwork and story of CPG. :headbang:

If you've ordered 4th prints of CPG they are being released next week and I will be contacting you directly for your book. Great news guys...DDS (Doug) has made this possible for those authentically interested or curious, for a rock bottom price. No one is making money here, but in a concerted effort between us both, it's all in support for the artwork and story of CPG. :headbang:

:applause:

:golfclap:

:banana:

There is 7 different versions of the 4th print on eBay now?

:ohnoez:

Are you talking about the Proofs put up by Olympian themselves (shrug)

(thumbs u

Yeah i've been looking at those for a couple of days now, it'll be interesting to see how much they go for.

There is 7 different versions of the 4th print on eBay now?

:ohnoez:

Shhhhh. They're rare.

:roflmao:

Interesting marketing from Olympian. These are seriously just for must have collectors. Even I'm not that desperate on having all 7...lol, yeah go figure. Seems like Olympian saw what the others were selling for and want to get in on the action, I guess. They're simply artist proofs. Unlike the other 1st prints of #1 and #2 where actual rareness applies to them: getting destroyed by the distributor, lost in delivery, self-published limited copies, etc. The fact that they're 4th print yet Artist Proofs will balance their sale amount. They shouldn't sell for much. It will be very interesting now that Olympian Publishing is in the feebay market now. Not a big fan of that meh , but we'll see what happens. The good thing about it, though, is that they are at least setting it auction style to make them attainable by anyone.

By the way, confirmed with CGC that the "error no logo" ARE the "Virgin Edition". Have mine coming back in about a week. There's info also going around that SDCC will finally have the tpb available and that there's good stuff coming for CPG. We'll see.

Edited by FIREFLY

By the way, confirmed with CGC that the "error no logo" ARE the "Virgin Edition". Have mine coming back in about a week. There's info also going around that SDCC will finally have the tpb available and that there's good stuff coming for CPG. We'll see.

:popcorn:

I'd be very surprised if the trade is available there. It has not even been solicated from the distributor yet. Jeremy said it would not be solicated until SDCC. That would make it shipping 2 months after the con.

I'd be very surprised if the trade is available there. It has not even been solicated from the distributor yet. Jeremy said it would not be solicated until SDCC. That would make it shipping 2 months after the con.

Hence, the "we'll see" at the end of my post. I also would be surprised knowing that the 4th print is just coming out itself. Looking forward to SDCC to see the booty they have. Already got glimpses of some stuff. ;)

Hence, the "we'll see" at the end of my post. I also would be surprised knowing that the 4th print is just coming out itself. Looking forward to SDCC to see the booty they have. Already got glimpses of some stuff. ;)

the bag and glass looks cool