• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Thanks, Brian. Found the spot in his blog. Here's an excerpt for everyone else. ;)

"The only thing in my way of starting on vol. two of CPG is this little print I have to do for Olympian Publishing. By little I really mean, the largest piece of artwork I've attempted thus far in the scope of Cursed Pirate Girl. A while back Tom of Olympian Publishing had an idea to raise some money for printing the collection of vol. one, and that was to get it accepted on the site Kickstarter.com. We were accepted and it was a runaway success. We were able to raise a considerable sum at the end. Towards the middle of our run on Kickstarter, Tom announces that if we reach the goal of 500 backers he would have me create a special print. Well we reached 882 backers, and I'm about two months into creating this special print and I'm well over halfway. Here is the link directly to Cursed Pirate Girl on Kickstarter, successfully funded. I really like it so far I just hope everyone else feels it was worth the wait. As soon as I accomplish this task I'm going right into work on the next issue of CPG. I am reeeeeeeeaaaallly looking forward to it! The next issue is titled The Bright Star. Hey... isn't that the name on that map she finds in Holly's cabin, you know, the one the skeleton hand gives her...? Hmmmm... could be... Too bad it will be quite a while before any one finds out. "

Thanks, Brian. Found the spot in his blog. Here's an excerpt for everyone else. ;)

"The only thing in my way of starting on vol. two of CPG is this little print I have to do for Olympian Publishing. By little I really mean, the largest piece of artwork I've attempted thus far in the scope of Cursed Pirate Girl. A while back Tom of Olympian Publishing had an idea to raise some money for printing the collection of vol. one, and that was to get it accepted on the site Kickstarter.com. We were accepted and it was a runaway success. We were able to raise a considerable sum at the end. Towards the middle of our run on Kickstarter, Tom announces that if we reach the goal of 500 backers he would have me create a special print. Well we reached 882 backers, and I'm about two months into creating this special print and I'm well over halfway. Here is the link directly to Cursed Pirate Girl on Kickstarter, successfully funded. I really like it so far I just hope everyone else feels it was worth the wait. As soon as I accomplish this task I'm going right into work on the next issue of CPG. I am reeeeeeeeaaaallly looking forward to it! The next issue is titled The Bright Star. Hey... isn't that the name on that map she finds in Holly's cabin, you know, the one the skeleton hand gives her...? Hmmmm... could be... Too bad it will be quite a while before any one finds out. "

doh! We are getting in the way of the next CPG being printed. This is all our fault.

Dan

Ironic...lol

Can't wait. The good thing is that everytime I re-read the stories, it feels new because of the artwork. I keep finding details that I didn't notice before. Ideal indeed. Love the artwork posted in Yahoo Groups. :cloud9:

not related to the book, but i was very happy to get this commission in the mail. Done by Nate Pride who has provided pinups in both CPG and Mouse Guard.

NPrideCPGcommfinal1.jpg

Help! I would like to slab one of the "error" TPB copies. I need to know if: 1) CGC can slab a thick book like that and if they can 2) should I remove the added "error page" or leave it in there?

I am thinking about removing the error page and letting them know, like writing on the invoice of the error. I am sure CGC knows where to look though...

Opinions please!

Edited by wingnuts

why don't you call them? No wait, that would be too easy and complicated for you. Keep waiting, I'm sure someone here will help.