• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Jeremy Bastian

My 3 year old loves giant squids so of course I had to have Jeremy do a commission.

The detail is amazing :cloud9:

34qo6sy.jpg

Jeremy holding the finished art (thumbs u

dfxac0.jpg

cpg1.jpg

img030-1-1.jpg

Nice pickups :thumbsup:

Isn't the label on this one wrong, though? This is the Challengers version of the TPB - which has a different cover than the regular "error" version ...

ok, so if CPG #1 1st print is worth about $45-55 in NM raw, why can't I find one around for that? Heck, I've even bid up to $70 on Ebay for a couple just to see them jump up to $80 or more at the end. Crazy!

ok, so if CPG #1 1st print is worth about $45-55 in NM raw, why can't I find one around for that? Heck, I've even bid up to $70 on Ebay for a couple just to see them jump up to $80 or more at the end. Crazy!

I'd pay $45 for a raw NM copy of #1 any day of the week - I sold the last raw copy in my store inventory for $90 about a month ago.

Compared to last year, the supply of CPG 1st prints have almost completely dried up - seems like people are hoarding this book.

Isn't the label on this one wrong, though? This is the Challengers version of the TPB - which has a different cover than the regular "error" version ...

Are you suggesting that there is no error because Challengers has no "regular" version and all 100 are the same?

[think]

Are you suggesting that there is no error because Challengers has no "regular" version and all 100 are the same?

[think]

No, not at all.

The entire first print run of the TPB are all error editions - they all have that missing page. The Challengers Comics TPB, however, has a unique cover and was limited to just 100 copies - it looks nothing like the regular cover:

cpg-tpb.jpg

The label on your book should have a notation saying "Challengers Comics exclusive" or something similar alongside the "error" notation.

My lcs has been looking for any printing to offer their customers. There is nothing available but 4th print #1's. Can't even get the trade from the distributor.

And let's not even talk about second prints. I'd trade first prints for second prints...

I got a second print(9.4-9.6ish) I'd probably sell. if anyone is interested in sending an offer over shoot me a PM. ;)

[The label on your book should have a notation saying "Challengers Comics exclusive" or something similar alongside the "error" notation.

+1

The census has it listed as CPG: The Collected Edition and mine is under "error edition". I bet this will be corrected if the regular error TPB is submitted.