• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hell Has Frozen Over...Amazing Man 26 is in DA HOUSE!!!!!

122 posts in this topic

my hunt for a cover

Might be a fair trade. What is your hunt worth?

My guess is his hunt is all used up and worn out. (shrug)

Or at best, ridden hard and put up wet.

:acclaim:

There are 4 known copies

Details my friend?

I think for those of us who are uninformed, we're asking for details with regards to:

Why are there so few copies of this issue?

What is the sales history of the known copies that have sold?

Where have copies turned up since they're so hard to find?

How many copies are believed to have been printed?

How long did it take for collectors to realize how rare this issue is?

There are 4 known copies

Details my friend?

I think for those of us who are uninformed, we're asking for details with regards to:

Why are there so few copies of this issue?

my guess is that it is because it was released at the tail end of the centaur publishing, maybe it had a low print run or limited distribution, coupled with it is the last issue of a title ...jb would be better to answer that?

What is the sales history of the known copies that have sold?

no sales history at all... Steve Carey told me he sold his copy about a dozen or so years ago (shrug) ... Metro listed a Fine - on their site last year with no price, I had emailed an offer of 20x guide (as had Win, independent of me, I believe), but Fishler decided he wasn't selling (if I recall)... outside of that, I know of NO sales

Where have copies turned up since they're so hard to find?

again, no copies have turned up for sale..not sure where Jon got his (my guess is MANY years ago), no idea where the Eldon copy is, etcHow many copies are believed to have been printed?

couldn't even hazard a guess

How long did it take for collectors to realize how rare this issue is?

I am not even sure the majority of collectors even knows it exists (or cares, for that matter)

well, I never thought I would see this day.... many of sleepless nights...many child beatings due to my frustration of not being able to find a copy... wild and lavicious days of unthinkable acts!!!!

but alas, the world is right, as I hold in my hands, a copy of Amazing man 26... the only flaw, it is missing its cover...but it IS a copy of Aman 26 ...

a HUGE shout out to the Marvelous one, Mark Haspel, without whom my nights would still be sleepless!

:cloud9:

aman26.jpg

I saw that book on ebay and was sniped at the last minute. Perhaps it was just another coverless copy but it looks similar. I did mange to win a Whiz 25 which unfortunately cost me a little more.

well, I never thought I would see this day.... many of sleepless nights...many child beatings due to my frustration of not being able to find a copy... wild and lavicious days of unthinkable acts!!!!

but alas, the world is right, as I hold in my hands, a copy of Amazing man 26... the only flaw, it is missing its cover...but it IS a copy of Aman 26 ...

a HUGE shout out to the Marvelous one, Mark Haspel, without whom my nights would still be sleepless!

:cloud9:

aman26.jpg

I saw that book on ebay and was sniped at the last minute. Perhaps it was just another coverless copy but it looks similar. I did mange to win a Whiz 25 which unfortunately cost me a little more.

this copy didn't come from ebay, at least not recently (though it would have been neat to of seen one!)... but it does have a cool splash page (thumbs u

Congrats Gator !

Since I joined the boards I have heard about your hunt for Amazing Man 26

Whats next ?

hm good question

Congrats Gator !

Since I joined the boards I have heard about your hunt for Amazing Man 26

Whats next ?

hm good question

I once heard a whisper of a rumor that there is a rare prototype can of Coke Zero, it's an unprinted can with only C Z scratched on the bottom. And last known to be owned by a Saudi Prince.

It is said to hold magical powers, and that once opened.... it never runs out.

Just sayin.

btw, conrgrats on the landing the interior, it was a real treat to read while I ate my lunch.