• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo! - Sept 18, 2010 - Russ Heath, Tony Moore, Allen Bellman

146 posts in this topic

We are pleased to announce the inaugural show of the Cincinnati Comic Expo!

CINCINNATI COMIC EXPO

September 18, 2010

10am – 5pm

Cintas Center at Xavier University

Cincinnati, OH 45207

Admission:

Adult -- $7

Students -- $5 (with ID)

Children under 10 – FREE with paying adult

Free Parking

The Cincinnati Comic Expo is a show for all periods and genres of the comic industry. To prove it we are putting together an amazing variety of guests and dealers for the inaugural show! Talent from the Goldenage of comics to the modern age will be there! Not to mention all the dealers and retailers bringing in boxes of Golden Age, Silver Age and Modern comics! What else can you expect? How about Cards, Toys, and a Costume Contest! If you got comics to sell, bring’em to the show! Buyers will be there to buy, sell and trade!

We could announce more but what’s the fun in spilling all the beans at once. So check out the website (WEBSITE) and follow us on Facebook (FACEBOOK) .

Some of the initial featured guests are:

- Tony Moore - Fear Agent / Walking Dead artist.

- Russ Heath – DC War / Sea Devils artist (As of now, his only appearance outside CA.)

- Allen Bellman – Timely/Marvel artist. (First time in the Midwest!)

- David Michael Beck - Cover artist for Jonah Hex, Lady Death, Star Wars

- Lora Innes – The Dreamer

- Uko Smith – Pin-up Artist

- Thom Zahler - Love and Capes

- Tim Fischer – Space Pilot Girl

- + lots more names to drop in the coming weeks.

We are working on several special announcements currently. Announcements that will fill you with great joy. So keep checking us out.

New guest announcement!

DAVID MICHAEL BECK

David has been a professional artist for over 30 years. Experienced in painted comic images which he produces for major comic book companies such as Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image and others. He has also produced illustrations for such notables as The American Medical As...sociation, Boy Scouts of America, Walt Disney Productions, Anheuser-Bush, Playboy Enterprises, Hasbro Toys, Universal Pictures, Warner Cable, Pepsi-Cola, Coca-Cola, The Grammy Awards, Harper-Collins, The Grateful Dead and Warner Brothers among many others.

In his recent forays into the comics field he has worked with Dark Horse Comics, Marvel Comics, Chaos! Comics, Top Cow Productions, and Image Publishing. His realistic paintings of Spider-man, Thor, Lady Death, the G.I. Joe characters, Red Star, Vampirella, and George Lucas' Star Wars Properties have earned him a large body of fans of both national and international acclaim.

Samples of David's work

th_hawkmanhawkgirl2.jpgth_BeckSnkEysPost_small.jpgth_beck_vampirella.jpgth_jonahhex40.jpg

RUSS HEATH SKETCH COVER OPPORTUNITY

I’m pleased to announce a VERY LIMITED sketch session to coincide with Russ Heath’s appearance at the Cincinnati Comic Expo on September 18, 2010.

Please visit the Signature Series forum for further details.

New Guest Announcement!

Michael Uslan

Batman Executive Producer & Comic Book Historian

Michael Uslan is best known as the originator and Executive Producer of the Batman movie series, starting with Tim Burton's 1989 film, and continuing to 2008's box office record-breaking The Dark Knight. Less well known is that the first Batman film was the culmination of Uslan's more than two decades of work to bring a serious, dark version of the character to the big screen.

Uslan's start in the world of comics was as unlikely as his success in bringing Batman to the theaters. Born into a blue collar family in New Jersey, Uslan was instilled at an early age to find work to be passionate about. Knowing he loved comics and films, he set about creating a career.

While attending Indiana University, he successfully created and taught the world's first accredited college course on comic books. The class took an academic approach to the folklore of comic books. A media storm ensued, improbably leading to a job at DC Comics for Uslan.

In 1979, Uslan secured the film rights to Batman from DC Comics. He was turned down by every studio in Hollywood. The reason he was consistently given: Batman was from the funny pages and wasn’t supposed to be taken “seriously.” Ten years later, Batman was the highest grossing film of the year, breaking numerous box office records and spawning a genre of films adapted from comics.

Michael will be providing a keynote address and moderating the legends panel. Also, Michael is the writer beind the smash hit Archie #600. The issue where Archie Marries Veronica!

michael-uslan.jpgBatman_ver2.jpgthe_dark_knight_poster.jpg

We are pleased to release the following promotional piece for the Cincinnati Comic Expo. Allen Bellman provided the pencils and Dan Davis did his inking magic. The piece still needs to colored and a mast head created. This is the 1st of three exclusive art pieces.

Allen, who turned 86 this month, incorporated Captain America, Sub-Mariner, Human Torch and some Nazis in the drawing. For those from Cincinnati you’ll immediately recognize the Roebling Suspension Bridge. As we receive the remaining promotional pieces from other artists we will show you their talents as soon as they come in.

cincinnatiexpoposter.jpg

THE GUEST LIST CONTINUES TO GROW!

Michael Uslan

David Uslan

Tony Moore

Allen Bellman

Russ Heath

Eric Adams

Dave Aikins

David Michael Beck

Andy Bennett

Daniel Frazier

Joe Gentile

Todd Goodman

Terry Huddleston

Lora Innes

Mike Maydak

Uko Smith

Thom Zahler

Moonstone Publishing

Pop Culture Trading Pins

Old World Comics Publishing

We have talked with CGC to see about the possibility of a CAW. Will let you know more about this as soon as I receive an answer.

Meanwhile, I received the coloring of the 1st promotional art. Just need to add the masthead and a few bits of info. It is so cool to have a Timely poster done by someone that was there back in the 40's.

Timelyposter1.jpg

I am pleased to say the below promotional art for the show is complete. The idea was to create a retro "Timely Comic" look featuring a Cincinnati landmark. After discussion we selected the Roebling Suspension bridge which crosses the Ohio River at downtown Cincinnati.

Allen (a former Timely artist) was kind enough to provide the pencils. According to him he has not done something like this since his Timely days and I feel honored he agreed to the project. Dan Davis digitally inked the piece (amazing work) and Gerry Turnbull provided the colors. Both were eager to jump on board and hit the ground running. I owe them many thanks including Dave Aikins who helped coordinate the inking and coloring. Thank you.

So I give you a the first promotional art for the Cincinnati Comic Expo! A limited number of these will be given away for free as prints at the show.

CinCiComicExpoPOSTER.jpg

A few more names to the list. Lots of emails and phone calls this week about other artist coming to the show. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed about a big name announcement in 2 days. Maybe if we all say an extra prayer tonight I'll get the correct response.

Michael Uslan

Allen Bellman

Tony Moore

Russ Heath

Eric Adams

Dave Aikins

David Michael Beck

Andy Bennett

Josh Blair

Daniel Frazier

Joe Gentile

Todd Goodman

Terry Huddleston

Lora Innes

Mike Maydak

Luke Smarto

Uko Smith

David Uslan

Thom Zahler

Moonstone Publishing

Pop Culture Trading Pins

Old World Comics Publishing

So I give you a the first promotional art for the Cincinnati Comic Expo! A limited number of these will be given away for free as prints at the show.

CinCiComicExpoPOSTER.jpg

Will this be available to those of us who can't make it to the show? :wishluck:

If anyone wants to make some money and somehow get me a Tony Moore sketch, please PM me.

I really want one. :foryou:

Please PM me,

John