• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Your favorite time wasting websites

44 posts in this topic

For games, I like "Bookworm" on Yahoo games (I was an English major in college and I'm a technical writer now, so it's fun for me)

Interestingly, Bookworm is also at pogo.com , a great site for free games of all kinds (most of which are multiplayer to one degree or another)... I playtested Bookworm before it launched, as I used to work at pogo.com smile.gif If you like Bookworm, you'll like TumbleBees and some of the others at pogo.

I loooove IMDB.com, the best site for info on movies, period. If ya like that one, you'll also like AllMusic.com, a similar site devoted to music info.

Here's one of my personal faves... Institute of Official Cheer This site is simply deranged. Great sections include:

"The Story of Bread," a faithful recreation of a 1949 comic book premium from the Sunbeam company, extolling the virtues of bread.

"Big Little Books - Worst. Comics. Ever" need I say more?

"The Grooviest Motel in Wisconsin" this one's an acquired taste, but to some it's gut-wrenchingly funny.

"The Art of Art Frahm" dedicated to a '50s artist whose images nearly always include stalks of celery, tumbling groceries, and Vargas-esque women with their underwear plummeting to their ankles... all scientifically explained in great detail.

To give you some idea of this site's evil genius, there's a section titled Aw, Cr*p, It's the Laxies," showcasing real comic strips sponsored by a laxative company in the early '50s. It's located here within a larger section called The Comics which has numerous great takes on various early comic strips and the like...