• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,569 posts in this topic

An eBay purchase.

Journey Into Mystery #114 • March 1965 • January 1965 newsstand

JIM114FMar65.jpg

Bought as a CGC 8.0W. Now liberated and part of my raw collection. I had a copy of this when I was twelve. I actually bought it in Ireland on a family vacation.

It was 1970 and this book was still on a Dublin comic rack five years later -- just for me apparently. I picked it up along with a newsstand "fresh" Amazing Spider-Man #27 and Daredevil #8.

Very nice, that's how I want my collection again, out of large cases.

An eBay purchase.

Journey Into Mystery #114 • March 1965 • January 1965 newsstand

JIM114FMar65.jpg

Bought as a CGC 8.0W. Now liberated and part of my raw collection. I had a copy of this when I was twelve. I actually bought it in Ireland on a family vacation.

It was 1970 and this book was still on a Dublin comic rack five years later -- just for me apparently. I picked it up along with a newsstand "fresh" Amazing Spider-Man #27 and Daredevil #8.

Great cover on that one. (thumbs u

Just got this from the recent Weist auction....looks better thn the scan. Been looking for a HG copy for years and didn't think I'd ever find one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BLACKRIDER1.jpg

I fully expected this to be a crappy, reading copy. I was completely floored by how great the condition was. It certainly looks better than some 9.0's in person versus this seller's scan. Not bad for $12 plus free shipping.

$(KGrHqR,!lQE2EDMImZ3BNq1Koysn!~~_3.JPG

I fully expected this to be a crappy, reading copy. I was completely floored by how great the condition was. It certainly looks better than some 9.0's in person versus this seller's scan. Not bad for $12 plus free shipping.

$(KGrHqR,!lQE2EDMImZ3BNq1Koysn!~~_3.JPG

While not a silver age comic, I have to say I have the Monterey Swamp Thing 1-24 run, all in NM/NM+ and it is such a killer set of books!

Posted in the JIM Thread...worth a second posting here...

Latest additions to my set...felt obligated to rescue these from the nefarious hands of cdpaoli/bijoubaby...

JIM 86 check out that spine...and colors! :headbang:

JOURNEYINTOMYSTERY86CGC90TW.jpg

JIM86FC.jpg

JIM 93 Old Label Purpleness... :cloud9:

JOURNEYINTOMYSTERY93CGC90POWW.jpg

JIM93FC.jpg