• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,525 posts in this topic

Here's my recently acquired poor man's copy of X-Men #4!

X-Men4scan1.png

I like it. It doesn't look brittle, but soft. The sad part is that piece of tape looks pretty new.

Both pieces look pretty new, I should say. :(

That tape job was mine. I only did it because this is a reader copy and it was very brittle. It's kind of hard to tell from the scan but it was literally falling apart in my hand.

That tape job was mine. I only did it because this is a reader copy and it was very brittle. It's kind of hard to tell from the scan but it was literally falling apart in my hand.

In this case, a pair of pieces of archival tape would have been better. I understand it’s delicate, but it’s precisely for that reason: tape is worse. :)

In this case, a pair of pieces of archival tape would have been better. I understand it’s delicate, but it’s precisely for that reason: tape is worse. :)

Yes. Archival tape isn't that expensive, and on the inside cover would have been better as well. Regular tape degrades the paper. I know, it's a beat up comic, but it's such a nice minor key to have in any condition.

the sarge was my 2nd fave run as a kid, behind spidey, and it's the only full silver run i have left other than asm. boy, oh boy, you can pick up some cheap pedigreed sarge's if you keep your eyes open.

sarge21.jpg

Like 'em all, Billy - I just started collecting Sgt. Fury and was going to concentrate on just the Kirby issues, but this title seems to represent Ayers' (still alive btw, aged 89) signature work.

Like 'em all, Billy - I just started collecting Sgt. Fury and was going to concentrate on just the Kirby issues, but this title seems to represent Ayers' (still alive btw, aged 89) signature work.

Absolutely..... and the Severin stretch is equally unforgettable..... and my vote for the most under appreciated artist of all time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

even the one with the spoon-y pq at ow/w???

There were 4 Pedigree copies that went off on eBay like an hour ago. 47,48,49 and 70. I saw this and figured you would outbid me at the last second but all but the 48 went without a last second bid and i got pretty cheap.

There were 4 Pedigree copies that went off on eBay like an hour ago. 47,48,49 and 70. I saw this and figured you would outbid me at the last second but all but the 48 went without a last second bid and i got pretty cheap.

Hey! What's going on here? I was trying to put my run together quietly and then this shows up! :baiting: Yep, a very under appreciated title, and let's hope it stays that ways for a year or two, so we can get these on the down low. :gossip:

Woohoo! Apparently the winning bidder on the 48 was a deadbeat so i got that one also today :banana:

I'll get scans when they arrive but they were:

Sgt Fury 47 9.4w Rocky Mountain

Sgt Fury 48 9.6w Northland

Sgt Fury 49 9.6w Winnipeg

Sgt Fury 70 9.6w Rocky Mountain