• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,510 posts in this topic

Thanks all you guys for the compliments on a book I never thought I'd own, in this grade! Still permagrinning when I walk in my Den and pet it:)

It will not be surfacing again until worms are setting up shop in my coffin with me!

Cheers,

Eric T

Its no 9.6 DD1 but this book filled a MAJOR hole in my Pedigree run and was one of the issues i thought would take FOREVER to find! So freaking psyched to find a Green River, white pages, bright colored, perfectly registered copy!!! :whee:

av28big_zpsa710f955.jpg

Its no 9.6 DD1 but this book filled a MAJOR hole in my Pedigree run and was one of the issues i thought would take FOREVER to find! So freaking psyched to find a Green River, white pages, bright colored, perfectly registered copy!!! :whee:

av28big_zpsa710f955.jpg

Out of curiosity, how much of the first 100 do you still have left? Seems like you make acquisitions fairly regulalry.

av28big_zpsa710f955.jpg

Out of curiosity, how much of the first 100 do you still have left? Seems like you make acquisitions fairly regulalry.

I believe that i now have 76 of the 1st 100. I'm missing like half of the 1st 16 still, just too expensive to get uber HG copies of those. I gotta wait and try to find 9.2-9.4's. I haven't updated my Registry i a LONG time. Theres probably at least 10-15 Pedigree issues missing off of my Pedigree registry :blush:

After that, my run is getting pretty damn complete except for 60-80. Those damn issues are freaking HARD to find!!!

These couldn't be graded onsite with my other books in Chi-Town due to them not having magazine holders. So I just got them back and I'm happy. I'm thrilled with the Ripley's!

My first SA subbed 9.8!

Now granted I don't hunt for raw 9.8s, but I've subbed way more than my fair share over the years and of what I thought a few uber strict NM+ books. Surprised this was my first one.

The funny thing is I forgot that when I bought this from Doug Sulipa. I recall him saying the book "has a truly great shot at a 9.8." Obviously heard that line a time or a thousand before! - so I didn't pay it any mind and forgot until opening the box from CGC and seeing it what Doug said!!

So thank-you Sulipa - Impressive!!!

48A67675-3FE5-4A6F-9F4B-0FF4481960B3-28087-0000067657600F8C_zps9dab48d1.jpg

0A4C73E9-3380-44C4-93BB-B884C3178BB2-28087-00000676FF97C2DF_zps6e29efb3.jpg

A4F96049-4582-4E9E-BED0-9027B64C1666-28087-0000067714DBF292_zps9994ad0f.jpg

Those are beautiful digests and I imagine are hard to find in those grades. Congrats. Yes, you might want to post them in the Bronze Forum for those who don''t frequent the Silver Forum