• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Pilgrim painting - What's it worth???

19 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying I AM NOT SOLICITING OFFERS.

My wife bought the following art for me for Christmas a few years ago. It's the OA for Oni Press' holiday card from 2004 by Bryan Lee O'Malley. It was originally purchased from The Beguiling's art store for $400.00. Now I'm seeing regular Scott Pilgrim pages priced at $400-$700. So the question is how much do you thing this piece is worth?

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=86215

Just curious. . .

I just paid a hefty price for a nice page from issue one. A group shot from one of the later volumes sold for 2.5k not too long ago in a charity eBay auction, and this page is already in the $600 territory with a several days left to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150441045686

How big is your color piece? If it's on a reasonable size, I'd say $1500 - 2000. - Keith

It says in the auction that its 14 x 11" I think it will go 1K tops. i dont think it should be more than that.

$1000 is still not bad for a black and white, reasonably nondescript piece.

Personally, concerning stuff on the market, I much prefer this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160431978070

- Keith

Wow, that's a nice OA. I've been trying to find Scott Pilgrim artwork and haven't seen any pop-up on eBay at all and the ones in Beguiling's is out of my price range. Does Brian O. sell off his art personally or third-party stores?

Would like to get a small piece or art of the main character and Ramona, but no way can I drop $300+. Hopefully he comes down for a Con in So. Cal so getting a sketch from him is easier.

Wow, that's a nice OA. I've been trying to find Scott Pilgrim artwork and haven't seen any pop-up on eBay at all and the ones in Beguiling's is out of my price range. Does Brian O. sell off his art personally or third-party stores?

Would like to get a small piece or art of the main character and Ramona, but no way can I drop $300+. Hopefully he comes down for a Con in So. Cal so getting a sketch from him is easier.

He went right through Beguiling for a while, but from talking with them, they haven't received anything from him in a while.

He will be at San Diego I think - you might have a nice chance for a Ramona sketch!

It says in the auction that its 14 x 11" I think it will go 1K tops. i dont think it should be more than that.

$1000 is still not bad for a black and white, reasonably nondescript piece.

Personally, concerning stuff on the market, I much prefer this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160431978070

- Keith

I also personally prefer this one as well cause its an action scene with Scott Pilgrim in it. The double page splash seemed boring featuring minor characters anyway. If it was a big splash page with Scott i can see it going over 2K for it. i think this particular one will go for 1K also but its not a DPS.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TO COME OUT ALONG WITH THE 6th VOL!

The Scott Pilgrim creator was at Emerald comicon in Seattle, WA in early 2009, but he did not have any OA with him for sale unfortunately. He may do a quick head sketch inside 1 of his books if you buy it from his table though. Good luck at SDCC. (thumbs u

I also personally prefer this one as well cause its an action scene with Scott Pilgrim in it. The double page splash seemed boring featuring minor characters anyway. If it was a big splash page with Scott i can see it going over 2K for it. i think this particular one will go for 1K also but its not a DPS.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TO COME OUT ALONG WITH THE 6th VOL!

Agreed! I can't wait for the video game either :). I'm looking forward to it as much as the movie.

Honestly, as well, nice OA pages from the Pilgrim books (with the main characters) are relatively difficult to find. A lot of the pages, due to the nature of the book, are talking heads, so a nice action shot or a pivotal page is hard to come by. I've got a page on the way with Scott, Ramona, an evil ex, and Wallace - I'll post it when I get it in. I'm excited :).

Let me preface this by saying I AM NOT SOLICITING OFFERS.

My wife bought the following art for me for Christmas a few years ago. It's the OA for Oni Press' holiday card from 2004 by Bryan Lee O'Malley. It was originally purchased from The Beguiling's art store for $400.00. Now I'm seeing regular Scott Pilgrim pages priced at $400-$700. So the question is how much do you thing this piece is worth?

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=86215

Just curious. . .

Hard to get a handle on the market since there just hasn't been that much sold publicly. Safe to say it's worth more than $400, though:) It's the only cover piece I've ever seen from him.

Don't think it will get close to $1K. But I could be wrong. I like the other page on Ebay better, as well.

I got this piece from Bryan several years ago at A.P.E. in San Francisco:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=286012&GSub=44390

At that time, his pages were $350 and up, and his covers were $1K and up (to the best of my recollection). He still had the covers to #2 and #3. He had just sold the #1 cover (which is what I really wanted). He did have an unpublished piece that was very close to the #1 cover. However, I settled on the piece that would become the cover to the Free Comic Book Day edition in 2007. It's also been repurposed as movie poster art. One of the best pieces I've gotten directly from an artist.

I've seen Bryan at other appearances since, but have never seen him have as much art for sale (if at all) as he did at A.P.E. that year. Now that SP has gotten "big", he seems more willing to donate the art for a cause, than to sell it. There's some t-shirt art that I'd love to get, but from all indications, he's holding onto stuff these days.

Keith, did you get your #1 page directly from Bryan?

Hard to get a handle on the market since there just hasn't been that much sold publicly. Safe to say it's worth more than $400, though:) It's the only cover piece I've ever seen from him.

Don't think it will get close to $1K. But I could be wrong. I like the other page on Ebay better, as well.

I got this piece from Bryan several years ago at A.P.E. in San Francisco:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=286012&GSub=44390

At that time, his pages were $350 and up, and his covers were $1K and up (to the best of my recollection). He still had the covers to #2 and #3. He had just sold the #1 cover (which is what I really wanted). He did have an unpublished piece that was very close to the #1 cover. However, I settled on the piece that would become the cover to the Free Comic Book Day edition in 2007. It's also been repurposed as movie poster art. One of the best pieces I've gotten directly from an artist.

I've seen Bryan at other appearances since, but have never seen him have as much art for sale (if at all) as he did at A.P.E. that year. Now that SP has gotten "big", he seems more willing to donate the art for a cause, than to sell it. There's some t-shirt art that I'd love to get, but from all indications, he's holding onto stuff these days.

Keith, did you get your #1 page directly from Bryan?

Hey Felix! I didn't get the page from Bryan, I got it from a Toronto-based collector. - Keith

This isn't my auction (and I don't know the seller), but this is a really nice BIN price for a page from the first volume with Pilgrim and company on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220610956826&_trksid=p2759.l1259

- Keith

I like the whole cast being on this small OA page 11 x 7 (not 17) inches. That is why the eBay BIN price is very reasonable.

This isn't my auction (and I don't know the seller), but this is a really nice BIN price for a page from the first volume with Pilgrim and company on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220610956826&_trksid=p2759.l1259

- Keith

I like the whole cast being on this small OA page 11 x 7 (not 17) inches. That is why the eBay BIN price is very reasonable.

I prefer the small, earlier pages honestly. It has a more raw, indie feel. The piece had a $350 BIN price, but someone placed a bid (I placed a bid after that though :) ). - Keith