• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMZ Spider-man #361

6 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting it graded but now am not sure if its worth the cost

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

Some pages have these in them I've no idea what would cause it but it goes through a bunch of pages sadly I saw... I Think this will affect my grade a lot right ?..

IMG_4812.jpg

& then there is this

IMG_4811.jpg

Without close scans it's impossible to tell. Even then it's a shoot unless you're absolutely sure it's 9.8. 9.8s bring about $75... 9.6s bring $30.

If you really, really want a 9.8 just buy one already slabbed and save the $30 in slabbing/shipping fees.

Almost all of the 361's have the inner bottom page tears. More than a few have them in the front cover as well. I have about 40 copies of each of the 360-365's, the 361 had that one defect on most of them. I recall ASM121 being very hard to find without the two bottom cover tears on them.

I agree, from what we see here it's a 9.6 at least and maybe a 9.8 if that's all that is wrong with it.

I think the tears in the page bottoms are from the printing process and won't affect the grade. If they are equally spaced across the page bottom that's a sure sign.

It might be worth paying for Matt Nelson's prescan if you think it's a strong shot at 9.8. But slabbing that book is a marginal proposition without an expert opinion, IMHO.