• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another Motor City Report...

10 posts in this topic

I attended the show on Friday this year which was a first. The crowd was better than I expected for that day. Unfortunetly, I missed quite a few board members even though I was there for 5+ hours. But, I did get to meet Doc Watson and talk with him for awhile. Very nice guy and it was nice to hang out in Dale's booth and chat. I briefly saw CGCWorld and Roy. I missed Detroit Mike though I hunted for you more than once by Motor City's booth. As usual, I stopped by and saw Dale Roberts. I think I've bought something from him from every Motor City Show he's been at. Great guy and a pleasure to do business with. I bought some books from Bob Storm (High Grade Comics) that he brought to the show for me. I appreciated that and his grading is among the best. The other 2 I bought from were Derrick Wolfe who always has a nice BA selection at great pricing. Exceptional person to talk to and buy from. Additionally, I got quite a few books from Lange. Great pricing on a lot of BA books that filled holes for me.

I ended up bringing quite a few books home with me. I think my tally was over 80. Granted many were 1970's and 80's material to fill holes in my sets. (Like Legion, World's Finest, Avengers, etc.) But I did get some nice books also. But Photobucket is acting funny right now and I can't get the pictures to come up. Hopefully some book pictures will follow soon. Sorry, no people pictures.

I was pretty happy that I got a few big books (for me) and filled a lot of holes. There were a lot of good deals to be had. I bought my twin nephew's each posters and their older brother a Spidey Marvel Essentials for 1/2 off. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Xmen23.jpg[/img]

Any guess why Photobucket won't let this image come through? I see it at PB but not here.

Your code is wrong - it should just look like this:

[img=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k47/dbs1966/Xmen23.jpg]

Well, I think it was my PC as the CGC X-Men picture showed up. I got that from Bob Storms.

flash123.jpg[/img]

Here's my "big" book that I got from Dale. Really nice looking Flash #123. Plus, I got the Avengers #97 and Conan #6 from Dale Roberts.

avg97.jpg[/img]

conan6.jpg[/img]