• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #14 (a sad tale)

21 posts in this topic

I've had this one for over 15 years but just recently rebagged and reboarded my Avengers collection. This one looks incredible -- except for the small dink in the green at the top of the cover and the water damage at the bottom of the book. The blotch on the top of the back is not water but looks to be ink. Why did I buy it? I don't know but the colors (which are richer than the scan shows) and everything else looks awesome, but ... Any ideas of the true grade?

AV14f.jpg

AV14b.jpg

I'd say a 6.0

I have a very similar book(with that water stain) CGC graded and it received a 5.5. Your book is a bit better than the one I own, hence the higher grade.

Great book, you can't go wrong with mid grades that look like this.

Thanks everyone! I believe without the staining it would pull a solid 8.0. I appreciate all the tips about what it actually would get. It really is an awesome book and has the colors of a high-grade copy. Thanks again.

What would be the best way for a pro to remove water stains like that? I assume any such method would likely yield a purple or green label for "cleaning", but just thought I would ask for those that know.

I've had an otherwise high grade book with a small water stain grade 6.5 .

I've had an otherwise high grade book with a larger water stain grade 5.0 .

You have multiple,medium sized stains. I would suspect you are in the 5.5/6.0 range. Sorry.