• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When should you have an eBay auction end????

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.......I'm looking for some opinions here.

Since a lot of the time, a majority of the bids can take place in the last few minutes of an eBay auction, what is your opinion on the best day of the week and time of day to have your auctions end?? Back up your reasons with explanations of why you have the opinion that you do if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Prime Time 6:00 or 7:00 P.M. From my experience, of the auctions I have bid on, I have found that I am more likely to be outbid in the evening. Why? People are off work\out of school, and more likely to be at home, and waiting for the last minute to bid. Although bidding in the last minute is exciting, it can be very disappointing. It's the Time Zone thing that makes it difficult to decide when to have your auction end. confused.gif

Thursday @ 6- 7PM has worked the best for me. People get home from work on the west coast and people on the east coast are still awake wink.gif Friday and Saturday don't work too well unless it's an extremely rare item which will actually keep some bidders home to snipe it. Sunday is just horrible now with your item appearing on the 10th page of a CGC search with 1 hour left! shocked.gif

The placement of Thursday works well because people are getting their check "tomorrow which is friday" and are less likely to pinch that penny. wink.gif Another benefit of listing on Thursday is to have a 10 day auction which will allow bidders an opportunity to view your auction for 2 weekends.

Try it out and see if you like it. wink.gif