• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever get the feeling...

74 posts in this topic

I know what you mean. Yes, I have experienced the invisible feeling. Not all the time but sometimes. I am sure it's just paranoia, fear of not being with the 'In' crowd, not part of the clique, etc. I'm sure my post will be the last of this thread !

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it... it's a comic chat board. More often than not, the most insightful, well-crafted posts elicit no reaction while inane self-obsessed chatter draws a crowd.

Just the way it is.

I have found that in the last two or three years I kill a lot less threads because someone that knows me will post after me to mock me or tell me to f-off, whereas it would have been a threadkiller otherwise.

I can kill a thread before it has even started. Maybe if I could wake Greggy from a nap at some point? I'd even settle for a f-off, or two, here and there. Doc?? ( :gossip: I can still get that Pepsi Throwback for you... ;) )

So, the point of posting is to elicit a response, to get ourselves noticed.

We are all just attention seekers then?

No, but it is disheartening to put a lot of thought into a response and not have anyone respond to it. Likewise if you kill a couple of threads over a couple of days and you start to think you are box office poison.

Or engage in discourse with like minded individuals, rather than the person in the mirror.

if a then b does not imply c

No, but it is disheartening to put a lot of thought into a response and not have anyone respond to it. Likewise if you kill a couple of threads over a couple of days and you start to think you are box office poison.

A Joan Crawford Mommie Dearest reference. My God man, have you no shame?

that your posts are invisible?

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

I'm changing my avatar and title to the invisible poster.

Man, I thought it was just me.What really would suck is if you were ignored on a thread about being ignored,or maybe it is just me. (shrug)

Sometimes we ask questions in hopes of a response or two!

I'm glad somebody was paying attention.

I have found that in the last two or three years I kill a lot less threads because someone that knows me will post after me to mock me or tell me to f-off, whereas it would have been a threadkiller otherwise.

I can kill a thread before it has even started. Maybe if I could wake Greggy from a nap at some point? I'd even settle for a f-off, or two, here and there. Doc?? ( :gossip: I can still get that Pepsi Throwback for you... ;) )

f-off

See, you don't have to bribe me.

f-off

See, you don't have to bribe me.

:whee::banana:

I'd even settle for a f-off, or two, here and there.

O.K. P.M. on the way. I keep my f-off's private.

DRX

I'd even settle for a f-off, or two, here and there.

O.K. P.M. on the way. I keep my f-off's private.

DRX

%^$#! I almost feel like a Made Man!

that your posts are invisible?

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

I'm changing my avatar and title to the invisible poster.

It's true that the more serious posts do tend to get glossed over, but I don't think they are really ignored. It's more my opinion that most board member aren't exactly sure how to respond to them.

P.S. I don't mean that as condescending as it sounds.