• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever get the feeling...

74 posts in this topic

I'm the anonymous poster, that no one knows, from half way round the world.

I post pathetic little asides that, most of the time, adds value to nothing.

I expect to be ignored! (thumbs u

I value your opnion ;)

We must belong to the same fraternity....

that your posts are invisible?

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

I'm changing my avatar and title to the invisible poster.

I'm about 50 / 50 with my posting anymore.

Half the time I kill the thread, but instead of dismay, I laugh and feel pride. :insane:

Half the time I pizzz off multiple people, who question my parenting skills, lineage, sexual orientation, send me FU pms (thanks divad - still got them all :thumbsup: ) you name it.

It's all good :cloud9:

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

It's just like sean-red-headed-step-thingh said. It's all a matter of timing.

I can remember a specific really long post (pretty much my "magnum opus" as far as I'm concerned) that went completely without answer or comment. In fact thread killer would be the appropriate way to describe it. No biggie. I just brought up the same point two years later and people thought it was original genius.

lol

It's not personal, it's just down to timing, who's reading, who's interested, who's walking the dog etc.

A little bit about it also has to do with what DrWatson said....some people don't know how to respond to them.

Also, some people might now want to answer honestly to a given post considering that it might make them seem as though they are taking a side.

Lots of factors and I think it's safe to say that none of them are personal.

Also, in my two initial "No." posts at the beginning of the thread I was just in a hurry to get out the door and trying to be funny. No offense intended.

:foryou:

It's just like sean-red-headed-step-thingh said. It's all a matter of timing.

I can remember a specific really long post (pretty much my "magnum opus" as far as I'm concerned) that went completely without answer or comment. In fact thread killer would be the appropriate way to describe it. No biggie. I just brought up the same point two years later and people thought it was original genius.

lol

It's not personal, it's just down to timing, who's reading, who's interested, who's walking the dog etc.

A little bit about it also has to do with what DrWatson said....some people don't know how to respond to them.

Also, some people might now want to answer honestly to a given post considering that it might make them seem as though they are taking a side.

Lots of factors and I think it's safe to say that none of them are personal.

Also, in my two initial "No." posts at the beginning of the thread I was just in a hurry to get out the door and trying to be funny. No offense intended.

:foryou:

WTTB, r1970d!

WTTB, r1970d!

I feel welcome here.

:shy:

I enjoyed the posts I've read of yours, but you won't be able to get me to respond to them. (tsk)

Half the time I kill the thread, but instead of dismay, I laugh and feel pride. :insane:

Half the time I pizzz off multiple people, who question my parenting skills, lineage, sexual orientation, send me FU pms (thanks divad - still got them all :thumbsup: ) you name it.

Add to that you're an Oregonian and you're more or less screwed.

I call them sales threads.

I'm no so sure it's the "oregonian phenomenon" as it's the fact he's a duck fan :gossip:

CWSlogo07.gif

I actually live on the other side of the mountains, far, far away from my moist and moldy brethren, but yeah......, pretty much screwed. You know you're purty much f'd when Watson is the only one that responds to your posts.....,

hmmm...., I smell custom logo....., :think: