• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF4 3.5 back in the box .. closed

39 posts in this topic

hey guys

I went a little crazy this week, and spent about 3k on books lol

so reluctantly this beauty is for sale

standard rules

ppal only

really like this book, but its not a key , and i only have it cause its a cool cover ( and i have a beater copy )

FF # 4 1st silver sub-mariner cgc 3.5 WHITE PAGES

asking $450 shipped anywhere

scan0382.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

So many Sharks fans around here. Sorry, I'm from Chicago, you know where my allegiance lies.

Any chance of seeing the label and BC ? Nice book !

Added label and bc scans

Hey Tortoise...

I offered up the PJ MSG tix a few months ago to ya ...

The show was amazin'...

Lets hope for a west coast tour !

T

wish i was in the northeast so i coulda taken u up on the offer :sorry:

If this isn't a key, why is everyone so excited about Avengers 4, which is basically the same type of key, albeit for a more popular character?

Anyway, this is a nice book.

Good luck!

really like this book, but its not a key , and i only have it cause its a cool cover ( and i have a beater copy )

If this isn't a key, why is everyone so excited about Avengers 4, which is basically the same type of key, albeit for a more popular character?

Good luck!

had a lengthly discussion about this in the silver forum

I don't think this or Avengers #4 are keys..but I am im the mass minority

Hey Tortoise...

The show was amazin'...

T

The Boston show was killer too! :applause:

:preach:

Hey Tortoise...

The show was amazin'...

T

Yea I saw the Boston set list...amazing..some rare tunes in that show

34 songs ... cant wait for the boot !!

T

:headbang:

Hey Tortoise...

The show was amazin'...

T

Yea I saw the Boston set list...amazing..some rare tunes in that show

34 songs ... cant wait for the boot !!

T

:headbang:

I love the ever changing set list, I'vee seem em a dozen or so times and always a totally different show.

Ive seen AIC 4x in the last two years and same show every time except for one or two songs...still really good though

Good luck!

Question asked and answered in the same sentence... doh!

Good luck!

I think a book which is considered to be a true "key" can be subjective to the individual. I personally consider the FF 4 to be a bona-fide key, along the same lines as the Avengers 4 as was mentioned, due to the fact that they feature the first appearance (or rebirth) of a character into the Silver Age timeline.

Many books are coveted which wouldn't fall under the category of a key per se, but may be hard to find or simply have a classic (or "cool") cover. Of course there are the undeniable SA keys such as AF15, FF1, etc., but I can name many others that the consensus may not refer to as a key, but are always in demand. A few examples that come to mind are FF 12, ASM 50, Avengers 11, and X-Men 35 to name a few.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know of a specific guideline - other than the obvious monetary value - to what constitutes a key, or how certain other books distinguish their appeal. From what I gather, ruling out one's personal preference, the main attraction of these "other" books seems to be cross-overs and/or the cover art. What can they be if not a key? (shrug)

Sorry about the derail, but it got me thinking about an issue I've always wanted opinions on. I'll move it over to General and good luck with your sale.

It's a nice book and it IS a key. lol