• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Pricing Question - Low Grade Silver/Bronze Marvel/DC

15 posts in this topic

I'm looking at a small collection (500 or so books) of what are advertised as low grade mid to late Silver/ early Bronze Marvels and DCs.

Assume "low grade" means 2.0 to 4.0 condition, and that there are no real keys (or else assume that any keys will be dealt with separately price-wise). Assume again that the seller wants to base the sale on a percentage of overstreet value for the books. In general, what prices are run of the mill low-grade Marvel superhero titles garnering as a percentage of guide? Same question for DC, but include DC war titles as well.

Thanks for any input!

I'm looking at a small collection (500 or so books) of what are advertised as low grade mid to late Silver/ early Bronze Marvels and DCs.

Assume "low grade" means 2.0 to 4.0 condition, and that there are no real keys (or else assume that any keys will be dealt with separately price-wise). Assume again that the seller wants to base the sale on a percentage of overstreet value for the books. In general, what prices are run of the mill low-grade Marvel superhero titles garnering as a percentage of guide? Same question for DC, but include DC war titles as well.

Thanks for any input!

If you're buying to resell, NO MORE than 20% of OPG for Silver...and even that's pushing it. For Bronze, no more than 10-25 cents a book, at most.

If the seller is selling to collectors, 25-40% of OPG, based on title, accurately graded, is fair. Generic Spidey as much as 40%, generic Daredevil at 25%.

DC War doesn't have any premium unless it's pre-1963.

Donut seems to be having a good bit of success selling low grade books in the marketplace for $3 a pop.

Low grade stuff sells quite well once you hook up with the right buyers. If you can't find buyers for low grade bronze at a buck a pop, you're in the wrong business.$3 to $5 for the SA stuff.

Appreciate the thoughts. Doesn't sound like things have changed much since the last time I bought up something like this.

Marvel highlights include 40 issues of Avengers b/t 10-100; Daredevil 6,7,9,11; surfer 1; spidey 26, 40; and 25 issues of X-men b/t 10-57.

Unfortunately, not too much to brag on from DC, lots of off-titles and war comics there.

:wishluck:

seems like there's enough semi-early and popular marvel stuff in there, unless the bulk of this is beat up BA, to justify at least $500. avengers 10, etc., surfer 1, the spideys, the x-men, you could be looking at a resale value alone of $50-$100 on the Surfer 1depending on what it looks like, maybe more.

you need to figure out how much of this stuff is convention dollar box fodder and how much of these are realistically $10 or more books (FMV).

looking up all those dollar box books, which might be $3-$6 in OPG in that condition, is a PITA.

no, what i'm saying is how much of this is stuff you could pick up anyway for $1 or less at a show, so there's no reason to pay anything close to that in bulk in a deal like this

i know woogie has no time to sell at a show, he's a busy lawyer with a gaggle of kids

Why don't I just use my piles of filthy lucre from my day job to buy at full retail like the other respectable collectors? I'm a sucker for a bargain, that's why!

Besides, not even the Great Zaid has perfected the art of bartering lawyer services for old comic books! :insane:

How many's a gaggle anyway? (shrug)

Besides, not even the Great Zaid has perfected the art of bartering lawyer services for old comic books! :insane:

NEVER underestimate the Great Zaid!!! (tsk):makepoint::slapfight:

I've been paid by quite a number of collectors/dealers in comic books in exchange for legal services. :gossip::grin:

The Great and Powerful Zaid has SPOKEN! :whee::banana::ohnoez:

Thanks for any input!

$250 at the topside. You're going to eat a great deal of those books. If the seller wants to base the sale on a "percentage of Overstreet", politely tell the seller you aren't interested.

no, what i'm saying is how much of this is stuff you could pick up anyway for $1 or less at a show, so there's no reason to pay anything close to that in bulk in a deal like this

i know woogie has no time to sell at a show, he's a busy lawyer with a gaggle of kids

gaggle of kids = low labor costs.

$250 at the topside. You're going to eat a great deal of those books. If the seller wants to base the sale on a "percentage of Overstreet", politely tell the seller you aren't interested.

Donut, did you see the follow-up post where some of the books listed are Silver Surfer 1, X-Men 10 up, Avengers 10 up, etc.?