• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about CGC "Signature Series" label color

25 posts in this topic

Hello fellow boardies,

This is a totally random Friday musing, but I was wondering what you all thought of the color used for the CGC "Signature Series" label.

I'm a relatively new buyer of slabs (less than a year), but after having now seen and researched literally hundreds if not thousands of them while growing my collection, I've reached a couple of conclusions. While I find the standard blue label quite pleasing aesthetically, and both the green and PLOD labels appropriate to readily distinguish those slabs from the blues, in my estimation the Sig Series label takes away from the overall eye appeal of the slab given its fugly mustard color.

It seems to me that yellow (or gold, however it's described) simply clashes with far too many covers and complements the color scheme of few of them. I would suggest that a silver- or platinum-colored label would not only make the signature slabs appear far more prestigious, but they'd also look great with those covers signed in silver Sharpie and the vast majority of covers, overall. I'd be interested if someone could P'Shop a yellow label and turn it silver to test this theory...

I haven't bought a Sig Series slab yet, and while that's in part due to the lack of having found a personal grail of some sort, yet, it's also in part due to the fact that I just haven't considered investing in one all that seriously given how I find the overall appearance of the piece is rendered so unattractive by the label.

doh! No wonder our hobby is dying.

Hello fellow boardies,

This is a totally random Friday musing, but I was wondering what you all thought of the color used for the CGC "Signature Series" label.

I'm a relatively new buyer of slabs (less than a year), but after having now seen and researched literally hundreds if not thousands of them while growing my collection, I've reached a couple of conclusions. While I find the standard blue label quite pleasing aesthetically, and both the green and PLOD labels appropriate to readily distinguish those slabs from the blues, in my estimation the Sig Series label takes away from the overall eye appeal of the slab given its fugly mustard color.

It seems to me that yellow (or gold, however it's described) simply clashes with far too many covers and complements the color scheme of few of them. I would suggest that a silver- or platinum-colored label would not only make the signature slabs appear far more prestigious, but they'd also look great with those covers signed in silver Sharpie and the vast majority of covers, overall. I'd be interested if someone could P'Shop a yellow label and turn it silver to test this theory...

I haven't bought a Sig Series slab yet, and while that's in part due to the lack of having found a personal grail of some sort, yet, it's also in part due to the fact that I just haven't considered investing in one all that seriously given how I find the overall appearance of the piece is rendered so unattractive by the label.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: