• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One In NYC going to the Warehouse Sale this weekend

5 posts in this topic

I got this e-mail about a warehouse sale in NYC from Mike Carbo. Is the hype real?

I've never gone to one, but since I'm free this Saturday I'll give it a try? (shrug)

Sale is in Brooklyn seems to be really easy to get to from anywhere. (thumbs u

Thanks in advance for any help. :foryou:

WEBHEAD

It depends on what you are looking for. I went last year and the dollar books and some $2 and $3 books are available to everyone. There are tons of boxes and you can spend hours there.

If you are looking for anything special, there is a back room that houses their more pricey issues which is not accessible to everyone. I brought a list and someone else hunted down the issues. Not really after looking for a long time, I finally went with the guy to find a ST 14. I did not really find anything great there but it was interesting to just go and see what it is all about.

It depends on what you are looking for. I went last year and the dollar books and some $2 and $3 books are available to everyone. There are tons of boxes and you can spend hours there.

If you are looking for anything special, there is a back room that houses their more pricey issues which is not accessible to everyone. I brought a list and someone else hunted down the issues. Not really after looking for a long time, I finally went with the guy to find a ST 14. I did not really find anything great there but it was interesting to just go and see what it is all about.

This part of the e-mail

"4th Monthly Warehouse Sale

DATE: May 22 -23

LOCATION: 206 41st Street (Corner of 2nd Ave) Brooklyn, NY 11232

To those who attended our April warehouse sale, thanks for coming and

we hope to welcome you back. For those who didn't make it last time

around, you get another chance to visit the largest comics inventory on

the East Coast (with many MANY frills) this May 22-23.

We have gotten in another 200 000 comics looking for a home. Step onto

Kirby Boulevard and you will be looking at complete sets (at $1 per book), and a spectacular $1 inventory of Marvel, DC and Indie Adventure and Hero comics.

Turn into Ditko Alley and you will find entire shelves of Manga, Vertigo, Horror/Sci Fi for $1. That's two spectacular aisles (over 300 long white boxes, over 100 000 sorted and semi sorted comics) where all comics, toys, mags, buttons, tattoos and merchandise are all one measly buck. Turn a corner (onto GAIMAN GORGE) and you will find 5000 trades for $6 each (MORE than 50% off). At eye level and above

are shelves of merchandise, huge selections of posters, British Annuals, sci fi

and fantasy mags, silver age, Archies, Harveys, toys, merchandise, donuts,

coffee (the donuts and coffee are free).

Every sale will offer something new. We wanted to mail you top 10

ballots for this May warehouse sale, but we are still working out the

kinks. What special sales will we offer this time? Check it out."

Seems like a real deal

WEBHEAD

Lots of 70's mid to low grade, lots of 80's and 90's somewhat organized selection of dollar books. He did just get in 2 pallets of new assorted comics from 80's to current, so there is some fresh material. This is the type of place where you can pull out Dave Stevens covers from the odd ball 80's titles, and get them cheap.

If you just want to browse and go through long boxes, this is for you.