• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Procrustean's Canadian tirade on Ebay

34 posts in this topic

Hey this forum is a place I come to for insight into grading and restoration detection. I don't come here looking for glory holes as if this were some sleazy guy-on-guy hookup restroom like you guys do! shocked.gif

Please end the drivel ASAP and get back to the deep stuff! mad.gif

Actually, the comic stores here aren't great either, not for vintage material anyway. On the other hand, if you want new books, toys, Statues, trading cards or any of that other stuff, stores here are packed with it. These places call themselves comic shops, but are actually more like hobby/toy stores.

I think that in general, and mostly because of the internet, it's no longer profitable to open up a high quality vintage comic shop. Store fronts make their bread and butter off of these toys and trading cards. People who stock quality generally work on the internet and go to shows. I personally would never open a comic shop to sell my silver age books. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah, there's only one store that has any semblance of vintage back issues - Golden Age Collectables. The owner has been in the business since the early 1970s. He acknowledged that whenever he hires new staff, knowledge of the current comic market is paramount. Too bad his good stuff has been picked over. However, he seems to buy any decent collection that comes in! wink.gif

All of 'procrustean's' recent listings (search by seller) end with the following:

"international shipping $16.00 except to Canada which has quike frankly pissed me off lately by their anti-American rhetoric"

I think Crusty's just mad because some Canadian politican called George W a "insufficiently_thoughtful_person".

bush_binoculars.jpg

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Toronto is the only place you'll find any decent comic stores(or strip clubs, right Greggy?), just don't go to 1,000,000 comix.

Hey! The 1,000,000 out here isn't that bad... well, the guys that run it are jerkoffs, and so are the fifteen thousand employees they have... and they don't really have much in the way of back issues... okay, it sucks.

I hear you about the 1,000,000 Comix thing....man do they suck.

I must say, I found that procrustean's remark was totally unwarranted...so what if the PM's aide called Bush a insufficiently_thoughtful_person...almost 50% of the US population agrees with us, since they obviously didn't vote for him in the first place.

This quote made me just picture an NRA card carrying member with deep-seeded mental problems and a really poor childhood:

Happy Holidays to all Christians and Jews!!! May God Bless America and destroy her enemies of Islam expeditiously

Oh my....someone is really trying to attract the international market for selling their books!

BOC, you have start playing with Bug. He is getting crazy again!

Sorry about that guys. mittelgr114.gif

I'll contain it to the thread that donut created. Although, Phil the thread-police is trying to keep me from doing it in there as well. You just can't please some people. Anyway......my apologies to you guys. Let's get back to having some fun.

sport021.gif