• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. I spent a good deal of time on it to make it look more painterly vs comic style. Doing a comic version is sooo much easier but I really wanted to do a nice piece. It's been a while since I had the time to do any cover sketches. Looks like Marvel finally figured out what kind of cover-stock to use. These and the X-Men #1 covers were GREAT to draw on. No bleed or pooling of ink or marker and they pencil up really nice.

Ken those are amazing sketch covers. (worship) I can't wait to pick them up tomorrow!

Thanks man! They look a lot better in person! I'll be in artist alley table #A73

Here's a handy floor plan so you can find me.

http://comicon.com/baltimore/index.php/guests/2010-hall-layout

I'm on the bottom right off the wall.

See ya there!

Copied from the X-Men #1 Thread.

Hey everyone. It's been forever since I've been on here. My last year or so has been filled with nothing but Military art and a cover for Dynamite. I am having a son soon so I will be taking a few months off to be out of my painting studio and at home with he and my wife. Luckily for me I also have a home studio designated for my comic work. So until January I will finally get a chance to get cracking on a book I'm doing with writer Josh Warner that we will be putting out next year. I recently got a chance to do a few sketch covers and wanted to share a couple. In this thread I did a WW2 Captain America on an Avenger's cover. Also, I wanted to give a quick thanks to Dan Partouch for being kind enough to pick up a few books for a couple board members that I have had forever.

WW2 Captain America

rgxisi.jpg

Marc your work is pretty darn sharp. (thumbs u

Guys, I only got three sketches at this show, but I destroyed my wallet and got some seriously awesome sketches. The pics will tie me over until my submissions come back from CGC. My first of the three deserves a huge huge thanks to Jon Jesperson, and of course the hyper talented Doug Mahnke. If anyone mentions anything about getting any of my sketches colored, I will glad do so if you give me the money to do it.

IMGP0006.jpg

Guys, I only got three sketches at this show, but I destroyed my wallet and got some seriously awesome sketches. The pics will tie me over until my submissions come back from CGC. My first of the three deserves a huge huge thanks to Jon Jesperson, and of course the hyper talented Doug Mahnke. If anyone mentions anything about getting any of my sketches colored, I will glad do so if you give me the money to do it.

IMGP0006.jpg

quote bump for the new page!

IMGP0006.jpg

AMAZING, all three are great BUT the Cap really is stunning

IMGP0006.jpg

Nice sketch (thumbs u

IMGP0006.jpg

Nice sketch (thumbs u

(worship):o Absolutely love the Mahnke sketch!!!