• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it. I took a slightly different approach to this one with adding the line work on Cap. I only had a few of the Avengers blanks so I need to get my hands on some more so I can keep playing around on them. I am holding off on taking allot of commissions right now since my wife is due with our baby boy anytime now. I don't want to keep people waiting for their art for too long as well as not wanting to half- any art just to get it out the door. I will be posting a 3 day auction on ebay this evening for a commission of the buyers choice on my last Avengers book, an X-Men blank, or a Wolverine cover with whatever character the winner wants. I'll post a link if anyones interested.

Here's the latest Avengers sketch cover I did. A mix of WW2 and Modern Cap. Done in copic markers, ink, acrylic and airbrush, and a little color pencil.

2q1f57s.jpg

Marc, you really hit it out of the park with your recent caps. This one is awesome as is the one you sold on ebay. Something about this look makes cap seem more real. Good luck with your baby.

Bill.

Hey guys, For anyone that is interested I just listed a commission up on ebay . It is only a 3 day auction but there is no reserve and I started it at a reasonable price. After my wife and I have our baby soon I will evaluate my time afterward and may start to take on more commissions than one at a time. Here's the link!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300467777704&Category=3986&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1#ht_720wt_1120

Just got these in from the Dallas show. I love fast track. Kudos to Kris for getting these.

avengers_1_blank_ss98_medina.jpg

WOW you got an Angel Medina sketch, and HULK!! ;sorry: I talked to him like for an hour at Wizard Chicago said he wasnt sketching...... rarely does at shows :shrug: