• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

For those of you who followed the Comic Events thread about the Los Angeles "Rock 'N Comic Con" you know what type of an event it was. :) But the extremely slow crowds meant an easier time for SKETCHES! I got a whopping 3 sketches from Bob Layton of the core Avengers trio (Iron Man, Cap, and Thor) and after patiently waiting all day Saturday and Sunday, J. Scott Campbell did fit me in for a quick 3 minute sketch of Black Widow. All of these done on Avengers #1 blanks, so here ya go! Sketches to follow...

laytonim.jpg

Most excellent sketches Joel, congrats!!

Man, that's a really cool idea dude :)

I love the background, and your style is becoming really original/distinctive. I could point out a Ken Haeser sketch cover from a mile off ;)

Thanks buddy! That's awesome to hear! Gotta stand out, right?

Exactly! It's a great thing :grin:

You diggin' my sig brother?

:whee:

Represent, represent! lol

Man, that's a really cool idea dude :)

I love the background, and your style is becoming really original/distinctive. I could point out a Ken Haeser sketch cover from a mile off ;)

Thanks buddy! That's awesome to hear! Gotta stand out, right?