• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is the best, the current Buffy or Angel series? Poll.

Which is the best comic series, Buffy or Angel?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best comic series, Buffy or Angel?

17 posts in this topic

Both of these series have been running for a while now and I'm guessing that most people who read both have a favourite. So what's yours? This includes storylines, artwork, characterisation, dialogue....... everything.

My vote goes to Angel. There've been some good story arcs, the living in hell arc was about the right length and the stuff since has kept my attention. The artwork has been slightly superior to Buffy's (though those superb Jo Chen covers on Buffy are :cloud9: ) I think they've nailed the characterisations for the existing characters from the show about right too.

Anyway, onto the poll....

I wasn't sure if the poll would get many votes here but there's enough to see a trend that Buffy is more popular then Angel. Any of the Buffy voters care to say why they prefer it?

I wasn't sure if the poll would get many votes here but there's enough to see a trend that Buffy is more popular then Angel. Any of the Buffy voters care to say why they prefer it?

I like them both, but I think Buffy is better written & has a more compelling story - I'll be sad to see it end.

btvs-s8-1-variant-cgc-9.8-ss-f.jpg

I like them both, but I think Buffy is better written & has a more compelling story - I'll be sad to see it end.

It isn't ending, is it? I thought that they're going to start Season 9. (shrug)

I only read Buffy but enjoyed it right up to the Fray/Dark Willow story.

That was ok but not great.

And then the next arc after that...i forget now what it even was...is when I dropped it from my pull list.

The Chen covers were awesome, though. Some of my favs.

I've got both titles but haven't read any of them yet.

Waiting until I get some spare time :whistle:

In the time it took you to post this, you could have read a few panels from one of them. :baiting:

I've got both titles but haven't read any of them yet.

Waiting until I get some spare time :whistle:

In the time it took you to post this, you could have read a few panels from one of them. :baiting:

Stop talking sense - I'm saving them for a rainy day.

Hang about hm

2 votes for Angel. I bet Dark Horse is glad they let Angel go to IDW now. lol

3 votes for Angel now. :ohnoez:

Could be a late comeback. hmlol

Angel is IDW's biggest selling book
That's true. But, at selling about 17,942 copies last month, G.I. Joe is only behind by almost 5,000 copies in sales. It should be noted that Angel used to sell almost 30,000 more copies a month(it started at 47,546 copies with issue #1 in November 2007) too. Buffy sold an estimated 45,909 copies last month and is the clear winner in sales.