• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MASSIVE UNDERTAKING

25 posts in this topic

I was going through my boxes and came across a book that I am hoping to get autographed by as many creators as I can over the next year or two. Here is the link to the book I am looking at:

http://www.comicbookdb.com/graphics/comic_graphics/1/112/11393_20060827080810_large.jpg

So hopefully I can get this done in the next year or two, hopefully by the end of the world, 12-20-12. Wish me luck. Any help or leads as to where I can get the sigs or if anyone on my list has passed on to a better life.

Thanks

Here is the list of people I am looking to get:

Stan Lee

JRJR

Bernie Wrightson

Chris Claremont

Jim Shooter

Mike Grell

Art Adams

Stephen King

Jim Starlin

John Byrne

Richard Corben

Steve Rude

Herb Trimpe

Walt Simonson

Louise Simonson

Klaus Janson

Joe Rubenstein

Bruce Jones

Brent Anderson

Mike Kaluta

Bret Blevens

Denny Oneil

Al Milgrom

Bill Sienkiewicz

Sal Buscema

Bob Layton

Harlan Ellison

Jo Duffy

Brian Bolland

Charles Vess

John Bolton

Jackson Guice

Joe Sinnot

Jon J Muth

Alan Moore (just added)

:idea:

Seeing that there are no CGC witnesses anymore to hold the book for you in-between signings, this would probably end up being the most expensive CGC SS book ever done. Which is a feat in itself :)

I think you can strike John Byrne (doesn't do shows) and Stephen King (doesn't sign comics) from the list, though.

Is "Klause Johnson" supposed to be "Klaus Janson"?

Good luck!

There are several oppurtunities some of them just around the corner. Brian bolland will be signing at heroes con so will bernie wrightson

Stan Lee, Chris Clairmont, and art adams will be at san diego

John j muth, Bill Sienkewicz, and joe rubenstein usually come to San Diego aswell.

JRJR will be at the New York Comic-con.

Several of the other people listed will do privater signings but not conventions which could be troublesome.

Byrne and King will not sign

Hey, he could've put Alan Moore on the list, who worked on a couple of pages... :) But I agree with the others, you can take Byrne and King off the list.

I would recommend finding a witness for the San Diego Comic Con who is having books held for the New York Comic Con. The shows are less than 3 months apart, so I think they can be held for that time period.

Wow, I count 6 people on that list that will be at this weekend's LA Rock 'N Comic Con (Stan Lee, Bernie Wrightson, Bob Layton, Bill Sienkiewicz, Mike Grell, Josef Rubenstein) Hmm, maybe I should look for a copy of this book at the show tomorrow... :)

Joel

I'm right there w/ u, esse!

I have a blank Shi cover that I started w/ tia carrere's sig & hope to fill w/ as many people as possible that have ever contributed to a published Shi.

A

Ron Adrian. Wellington Alves. Mandy Amano. Renato Arlam. Nelson Asencio

B

Michael Bair. Jim Balent. Chris Batista, Tony Bedard, Julie Bell, Ryan Benjamin, Joseph Biondi, Roger Bonet, Ken Branch, Buzz, Mitch Byrd

C

Caesar, J Scott Campbell, Juan Carlos, John Cebollero, Travis Charest, Brandon Choi, Ho Tze Chung, Gary Cohn, Amanda Connor, Erik Craddock, Paris Cullins

D

Andrew Dalhouse, Geof Darrow, Angela Daskalaikas, Brian David-Marshall, Dave DeVries

E

Steve Ellis, Warren Ellis, Vince Evans

F

Poly Feliciano, David Finch, Jay Fitzpatrick, Susan Fong, Frazetta (too late)

G

Craig Shaw Gardner, Christopher Golden, Randy Green, Tom Grindberg, Peter Gutierrez

H

Brian Haberlin, Matt Haley, Cully Hamner, Fred Harper, Sandra Hope, Adam Hughes, Floyd Hughes, Greg Hyland

I. Jamal Igle

J

JGJones, Robert Jones, Dan Jurgens, Joe Jusko

K

Mike Kaluta, Rich Kelly, Mshindo Kuumba I, Hank Kwon

L

Ray Laqo, Kevin Lau, Jae Lee, Jim Lee, Scott Lee, Rob Liefield, Rafa Lopez, Robert Lugibihl, Rick Lyon

M

David Mack, Ashby Manson, Gary Martin, Felipe Massafera, Val Mayerik, Chris Mendoza, Harvey Mercadooscasio, Dan Mishkin, Terry Moore, Mark Morales

N

Nelson, Phyllis Novin

O

Jason Orfalas, Barry Orkin

P

Jimmy Palmiotti, Marc Patton, Jason Pearson, George Perez, Rich Perotta, Juan Pineda, Brian Pulido

Q. Joe Quesada

R

Humberto Ramos, Rodney Ramos, Ravil, Mike Renzine, Al Rio, Kip Rogers, Alex Ross, Ruben, Juan Jose Ryp

S

Mark Anthony Sacerdotali, Stan Sakai, Marc Sasso, Tony Serrata, Sean Shaw, Mark Silvestri, Dave Sim, Louis Small, Beau Smith, Jeff Smith, Tom Sniegoski, Mark Sparacio, Claude St Aubin, Christina Strain, Rob Stull, Mark Sweeney

T

Nishiko Takeuchi, John & Mary Beth Tartaglione, Mark Texiera, Jerry Tsang

V. J.C.Vaughn

W

Chip Wallace, Karl Waller, Andrew Wendel, Winnick, David Wohl, B Wong? (WOTW6b)

Y. Charles Yoakum

Z

Christina Z, Zapta, Julio Cesar Zuir

Just putting the list together & in alphabetical order seemed like a monumental task. Ha ha ha choke

I think there are 15-ish Corben SS's out there. He doesn't do shows or make appearances, and from the sound of it is pretty reclusive and private. Might try mailing it in a self addressed stamped envelope if you just want a sig. You never know. He lives in the KC, MO area.

Alan Moore. Can't see it. I think he lives in a swamp outside of London or in a castle or something.

Byrne is indeed a poopy head, though for more reason's other than he hates comic book fans and won't sign comics anymore.

I'd be interested in Jones, Kaluta and Bolton myself...anyone know of any appearances coming up from any one of these three?

It's an additional $10 for a SS book to be taken by CGC from one show to the next, though I'm sure they have a limit as to how long and how many shows that book can travel to.