• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are less books being slabbed?

55 posts in this topic

We always discuss how the market affects us as collectors---the price of what we buy, the availability, etc. CGC's business is also positively (or negatively) impacted by these market factors as well. Obviously, some of CGC's business decisions are impacting everyone, including themselves.

I'm curious as to what valiantman, our resident CGC registry statistical expert, would say in terms of quanitative data about the number of books being graded...increasing, decreasing, or saying the same?

I think it's a general rule that Moderns have propped CGC...if that market is now dwindling...should we be concerned about CGC's long term propsects?

:banana: Cracked 11 more slabs this morning :banana:
Heathen!

:headbang: Two more since I posted that! :headbang:

Where's the Youtube video? Are you keeping the labels with the books? I've wondered what has to happen when 7-10 years passes.

If you don't change slabs in 7 years, a sensor in the slab releases a bath of sulphuric acid which melts the comic into a sludgy pool of pulp.

It's hidden in the label.

Where's the Youtube video? Are you keeping the labels with the books? I've wondered what has to happen when 7-10 years passes.

Labels are kept with the books - Skru the census :sumo:

Slabs cases sent to the landfill. The wife is a teacher, and uses the inner wells for projects at school.

I don't video junk like this. I can say my fingertips hurt - I did not use a screwdriver, or any kind of tool on the outer cases - just fingertips.

I can say my fingertips hurt - I did not use a screwdriver, or any kind of tool on the outer cases - just fingertips.

That's kind of wussy. I once saw pirate de-slab 50 books in less than an hour. I had initially been very concerned about all the callusses, but I think the de-slabbing regimen is as likely a culprit as any.

I can say my fingertips hurt - I did not use a screwdriver, or any kind of tool on the outer cases - just fingertips.

That's kind of wussy. I once saw pirate de-slab 50 books in less than an hour. I had initially been very concerned about all the callusses, but I think the de-slabbing regimen is as likely a culprit as any.

I am a wussy office worker - soft hands. :sorry:

Would the old slab cases be good for shipping raw books? I'd likely save them for that if they were.

I think they'd be more of a pain than they're worth. They also weigh a bunch.

I was thinking of it for a valuable book like AF15 etc, being shipped to CGC.
I think I'd use masonite or plywood if I was doing that.

We always discuss how the market affects us as collectors---the price of what we buy, the availability, etc. CGC's business is also positively (or negatively) impacted by these market factors as well. Obviously, some of CGC's business decisions are impacting everyone, including themselves.

I'm curious as to what valiantman, our resident CGC registry statistical expert, would say in terms of quanitative data about the number of books being graded...increasing, decreasing, or saying the same?

I think it's a general rule that Moderns have propped CGC...if that market is now dwindling...should we be concerned about CGC's long term propsects?

Very interesting question, I think they are the best at detecting resto.As long as people try to alter books cgc will be around which means forever.