• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Have YOU Met?

83 posts in this topic

In comics, I met Archie artists Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz at a gallery opening in NYC. Both, extremely nice.

One time when I flew to San Diego, I realized I was sitting across the aisle from Cyndi Lauper. Then I realized the British group Erasure was in front of me. I met Deborah Harry 3 times and British singer Kim Wilde once. And once, I saw Dionne Warwick in a store in Houston. She saw me and realized she was recognized. Since I wasn't a fan, I didn't want to bother her but I felt kind of bad later because I thought she would have been receptive to meeting.

Stan Lee, Neil Gaiman, Dr. Timothy Leary, Douglas Rushkoff, Grant Morrisson. George DiCaprio (Leo's dad & comix artist), Leonardo DiCaprio, Bauhaus (David J, Peter Murphy, Daniel Ash, Kevin Haskins), Gene Hackman, Bernie Wrightson, Mike Mignola, Weezer (Rivers Cuomo, Brian Bell), Keanu Reeves, Alex Ross, Arthur Suydam, Bill Hicks, Adam Sandler, Ice Cube, Gary Busey, Paul Reubens, Dan Aykroyd, Winona Ryder, Steve Borock, Dennis Hopper, Lily Tomlin, Robin Tunney, Eldridge Cleaver, Beck, Hunter S. Thompson, Robert Anton Wilson, John Lily, Parker Posey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ram Dass, Dr. Michael Beckwith, Tom Hanks, Angelica Houston, Johnny Depp, Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Angelo (Fishbone), Margaret Cho, Weird Al Yankovic, Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo), Exene Cervenka (X), Genesis P-Orridge (Psychic TV), Don Knotts, Fred Astaire, Johnny Lydon (Rotten), Robert Williams (comix artist and founder of Juxtapoz Magazine), Robert Crumb, Peter Max, David Carradine, Barbara Hershey, Forrest J. Ackerman, Tom Petty, Cheech Marin, Bob Burden (Flaming Carrot), Los Bros Hernandez, Mark Hamill, Robert Carradine, Kevin Smith, Paul Krassner, Sean Ono Lennon, Yoko Ono, Johnny Noxville, Ron Perelman, Russ Meyer, Keifer Southerland, Adam Jones (Tool), Bruce Willis, Adrian Zmed, Walter Matthau, Cybil Shepherd, Henry Rollins, Bill Mahr, Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction), David Lynch, Rosanna Arquette, Danny Devito, Madonna, Brendan McCarthy (comic artist), Rozz Williams (Christian Death), Harry Dean Stanton, Tanya Roberts, George Carlin, Fred Ward, Cameron Diaz, Quentin Tarantino, Al Jourgenson (Ministry), Seth Green, Milton Berle, Alyssa Milano, Stan Sakai, Dan Clowes, Eastman and Laird, Matt Groening, Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, and Steve Ditko (over the phone).

And once, I saw Dionne Warwick in a store in Houston. She saw me and realized she was recognized. Since I wasn't a fan, I didn't want to bother her but I felt kind of bad later because I thought she would have been receptive to meeting.

Did you sing "Walk On By"?

I once met Bill Wyman at Heathrow, and talked with him for five minutes. Extremely approachable and witty. He had on a banker's suit and looked nothing like a rock star.