• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 128

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys and gals!

I've been going through the forums today and have been enjoying your helpful and entertaining comments!

I have been collecting comics for a few years now and only now am I becoming a more serious and focused collector. I have been scouring the net for resources to help educate myself on grading and collecting in general. I am a reader first but I do love to eductae myself on all facets of my hobby. So I have made my way here.

I will share some images of my copy of Iron Man 128. I have graded it myself by comparing different images of cgc certified books and reading up on the lingo and concepts of the different gradations of quality. But I want the opinion of others to see how I fare in my assessment.

If it's not too much to ask, would you please explain your grade a little bit? Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It means a lot to me and I am grateful for your experienced insight. I took many pictures so you can get a more detailed look at the book.

Thank you!

128.jpg

CCE00000.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

I love this cover, mine is near perfect compared to this garage sale copy. I would consider this a reader or filler and has no real collectibility but would inspire to get a better one. Its beat 2.5

leaning toward the higher grade...

May I ask why? I'm hoping to learn from all of you.

Well, it seems to have fairly good gloss, looks pretty clean, and the creases aren't running wild all across the cover (particularly the front cover) like on some books in the 2-3 range.

leaning toward the higher grade...

May I ask why? I'm hoping to learn from all of you.

Well, it seems to have fairly good gloss, looks pretty clean, and the creases aren't running wild all across the cover (particularly the front cover) like on some books in the 2-3 range.

Thank you very much for elaborating. I appreciate that very much.