• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The goodness of late night comic buying...

5 posts in this topic

Earlier tonight I was enjoying the beginning of my holiday weekend doing a little buying. Struck out on Foolkiller/Brian's thread earlier this evening, but ckb managed to save the day. Unforturnately he shut down for the night right after I cracked open a beer :frustrated:

So there I was, a fresh beverage, blazing fast DSL :lol: , and the game show network on. What to do? Figured I would surf a couple of the comic auction sites and see if previews were up. QualityComix looks to have some bargains in the June auction. The 'Link just ended theirs. Comic Connect, however, did not have much to see.

Not being one to be so easily discouraged, I checked their listings. hm Noticed that a daily auction was ending at 2:00 am. Who does this I wonder?!? Well, far be it from me not to put a little bid in as I am finishing my frosty beverage...the outcome you ask???

Landed a CGC 8.0 CROW Flash 175 for $26 :whee: Life is definitely good (thumbs u

Have a great holiday weekend everyone :hi:

SE

Way to go Snake Eyes! You still got some goodies from BK. I actually held back somewhat because I made a big purchase on CL. :cloud9: I was happy to get the Iron Man Sub-Mariner 1 NM though. :applause: When's the big date going to happen? :acclaim:

Thank you sir...and that was a gorgeous book you landed last night! Definitely worth bragging about. I actually held back too on the Atom #5 because of the Comiclink bill I paid yesterday morning lol Still happy with the smaller purchases from the blow out thread though (thumbs u

The big date is now less then 2 months away (July 24). Going to run some related errands shortly. Been tossing around the idea of having a sales thread myself this weekend and use the funds to supplement the honeymoon perhaps.

How about yourself...all is well I hope?

Congrats and welcome to the ball-n-chain club! :roflmao: Everything is going ok with me, I had a pretty good sells thread last time around. I was thinking of maybe having another one in late July / early Aug. :wishluck: